Podcast #45 - The Banner Saga

Podcast announcements, feedback, and discussion
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Podcast #45 - The Banner Saga

Post by Jmustang1968 »

For this episode, I traveled a couple hours away to interview the members of Stoic Studio in person. This was my first in person interview and also in a round table like discussion. It was a great experience. The guys at Stoic are very passionate about their game, and were genuinely excited to show me the work in progress and behind the scenes details of the state of the game at the time.

The Banner Saga was a Kickstarter project that was very successful raising over $700k. I was a supporter of it as I love the tactical RPG combat and the art style.

http://www.racketboy.com/podcast/racketboy-podcast-45-the-banner-saga

It is a bit of a lengthy interview, but have a listen and let us know what you think.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Re: Podcast #45 - The Banner Saga

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Just wanted to give this a bump. A great game with retro roots that members should check out.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Ooh! I liked the look of this game when the Kickstarter was going on, but neglected to contribute. I'm definitely giving this interview a listen. Thanks!
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I'm confused, when did you become Dave 2.0?

I'll definitely give this a listen. I've got my poster from the KS on the door of my office here at work.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

MrPopo wrote:I'm confused, when did you become Dave 2.0?

I'll definitely give this a listen. I've got my poster from the KS on the door of my office here at work.

Yeah I love the poster, it is sitting above my tv on my game room wall. And next to it is the lithograph landscape the guys were kind enough to give to me for the interview.

Dave was just a prequel to me by the way...
Mechblue
128-bit

Post by Mechblue »

you did good work on the interview. I wish you had a better mic or two mics. Some times it was hard to hear everyone or some times you sounded like some of the other guys.

I think you did good, it was nice to hear about the inside workings of a small studio and all the folks in it. The game sounded pretty cool, I'll have to look in to what it looks like.
TEKTORO wrote:That looks mad fake bro. :/
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Mechblue wrote:you did good work on the interview. I wish you had a better mic or two mics. Some times it was hard to hear everyone or some times you sounded like some of the other guys.

I think you did good, it was nice to hear about the inside workings of a small studio and all the folks in it. The game sounded pretty cool, I'll have to look in to what it looks like.

Thanks!

Yeah the mic was a digital recorder I bought for the interview. It was a mid range one, but the acoustics of the room werent great.

It is a fun game. The multiplayer is in beta right now and it is strategic fun.