Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Zelda: Parallel Worlds for SNES?

by Retrogamer0001 Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:04 pm

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Legend-Zelda-Par ... 356wt_1037

Never heard of this one before, anyone know what the deal is?

The game room - > http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45478

"We're on an express elevator to hell - goin' down!"
AppleQueso

Re: Zelda: Parallel Worlds for SNES?

by AppleQueso Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:10 pm

It's a super-hard rom hack of alttp. Pretty decent one too.

Someone is trying to pass off a repro as an actual legitimate release and is trying to sell it at a hyper-inflated price. Fucking scum.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

by flojocabron Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:25 am

yeah, and the idiot bought it for $100 bucks.

Its a free game on the net.

I'll bet you it was a diehard zelda fan.

going up into his/her Zelda shrine
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:12 am

AppleQueso wrote:It's a super-hard rom hack of alttp. Pretty decent one too.

Someone is trying to pass off a repro as an actual legitimate release and is trying to sell it at a hyper-inflated price. Fucking scum.

Yup. Personal repros of roms are completely cool with me if anyone wants to go to that level with them, but I freaking hate when I see people selling them trying to pass them off as legit releases. I've seen Super Mario World hacks get put up on eBay pretty often throughout the years.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:01 pm

You guys ever report the repros when you see them?

Retrogamer0001 wrote:Never heard of this one before, anyone know what the deal is?

The Parallel Worlds hack is infamous. It's a hack of Link to the Past. It's generally regarded as being too hard, but a VERY well done hack of the game.

Check out this page: http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/197/

You can download the patch for the hack there. Also check out the reviews (at the bottom) for more information.

Then check this out: http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/956/

It's a hack of the Parallel Worlds hack ( :lol: ). Basically, the goal was to make the game a little easier. Again, check the reviews on that page. Supposedly it's easier, but still on the hard side.

If you're a fan of LttP and are looking for a new experience, I would suggest checking out Ancient Stone Tablets. It was only available on the Super Famicom Satellaview. The original game was split up into four weeks. The four weeks have been dumped, and hackers have made it possible to play through the entire game. It's even translated into English. The only down side is that it's still split up into four weeks. Still, it's really fun to play. Especially if you loved LttP. I've played it a few years back on an emulator. I very much enjoyed the game, and I don't like using emulators. It was a little short, and maybe a little easier than LttP, but still fun to play. I wish it was playable on real hardware (via a flash cart or whatever). Hopefully one day it will be.

I never bothered to check out Parallel Worlds though, mostly because of how hard every one says it is. It really turned me off to giving it a try.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:34 pm

Yeah dude, the thought of playing LTTP and Super Metroid hacks for me 10 years back or so before it happened, was a dream. Unfortunately, 90% of the rom hacking scene has the mentality that a good hack apparently has to be annoyingly hard. Fast forward to now, maybe there are some good balanced hacks out there for these two thesedays, but yeah. It just really killed my interest and was maybe the reason why I lost interest in rom hacking myself, since I was really into it ages ago.

I did love Super Mario Bros 3 Challenge though and pretty sure I completed it, abused save states for sure though haha. If I remember right, I liked SMB3C for being super hard because it was designed as more of a remix. They just edited the heck out of the levels and so I guess I'm cool with that, but when people do original design that's just super annoyingly difficult, it's hard to get into. Some of the Super Metroid hacks out there are just so freaking hilarious, having to nail wall jumps down precisely to the damn pixel... ugh.

Since this is a little related though, have any of you guys played anything from Zelda Classic? I've been curious about this stuff for awhile now:
http://www.zeldaclassic.com/index.php

A lot of them with new graphics and all look really cool. But again, if they are stupidly hard... then eh.
Return to General Gaming