Carrier Command: Gaea Mission?

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Carrier Command: Gaea Mission?

Post by Pulsar_t »

Nobody seems to be talking about this game, as it seems Bohemia has released it to little fanfare. Knowing BI the game is going to be stiff but is it worth sticking with? Have to wait for proper reviews.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
KillerJuan77
Next-Gen

Re: Carrier Command: Gaea Mission?

Post by KillerJuan77 »

I'm really interested on the game since it looks fun, the production values are high (Even the 360 version looks incredible) and because I remember playing the original on an emulator on a constant basis a few years ago.

I might have to get it on the 360 though, since my PC is becoming really old (I'm still using a GTX 460) and based on ArmA II and Operation Arrowhead... I think I'm not going to be able to run the game (I have heard they are optimizing their games more but unless I have a demo I can't be sure of that).
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Looks interesting! When I saw the Thread title I was thinking of an old DOS game which it is based on.

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

KillerJuan77 wrote:I might have to get it on the 360 though, since my PC is becoming really old (I'm still using a GTX 460) and based on ArmA II and Operation Arrowhead... I think I'm not going to be able to run the game (I have heard they are optimizing their games more but unless I have a demo I can't be sure of that).

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/07/ ... 0_review/3
An average fps of 40+ is playable enough to me :wink:

Users are complaining on the Steam forum. I reckon when it comes to BI never get a game from them on release. Somehow I doubt this game will get patched with the same earnest attitude towards their main franchise.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

CRTGAMER wrote:Looks interesting! When I saw the Thread title I was thinking of an old DOS game which it is based on.

I liked that game, although it was quite hard to get into wasn't it. Pretty cool back in the day to be able to control different vehicles.

Ivo.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

http://youtu.be/EB5iUTqr0Pk

Well now we know why Bohemia never bothered to hype this game.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

The gameplay reminds me of Urban Assault, only with less ability to just go straight RTS mode. And Urban Assault wasn't that fun either. You really get the sense that the game is balanced around you getting directly into the fight, and as a result you can't just go RTS mode the whole time.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.