Podcast #43 - What's Obscure? | + a DUST Code Giveaway!

Podcast announcements, feedback, and discussion
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Podcast #43 - What's Obscure? | + a DUST Code Giveaway!

Post by dsheinem »

We discuss your comments and questions about game and system obscurity, discuss the Neo Geo X and FF7 PC, weigh in on the Steam EULA debate, and offer up a chance to win a free code for Dust: An Elysian Tail.

http://www.racketboy.com/podcast/racket ... ts-obscure

Give it a listen and sound off!
Last edited by dsheinem on Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Re: Podcast #43 - What's Obscure?

Post by Gunstar Green »

I've already sung its praises in its own thread but Dust is great, one of the best Metroidvanias in a long time. Hell, one of the best 2D action titles in a long time.

As for the NeoGeo X, if you can add your own ROMs I'm sold (there's that ambiguous expansion thing they mentioned). If not it's really not worth it at all. Though the stick looks nice.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Gunstar Green wrote:I've already sung its praises in its own thread but Dust is great, one of the best Metroidvanias in a long time. Hell, one of the best 2D action titles in a long time.

At the moment, Dust: An Elysian Tail is my favorite game of 2012. A little fifteen dollar XBLA game has been more fun for me than some of the 50-60 dollar, heavy weight retail titles I've played this year.

The game is PERFECT, and kudos to it for some of the other games it pays tribute to, including my favorite XBLA beat 'em up The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Gamerforlife wrote:
Gunstar Green wrote:I've already sung its praises in its own thread but Dust is great, one of the best Metroidvanias in a long time. Hell, one of the best 2D action titles in a long time.

At the moment, Dust: An Elysian Tail is my favorite game of 2012. A little fifteen dollar XBLA game has been more fun for me than some of the 50-60 dollar, heavy weight retail titles I've played this year.

The game is PERFECT, and kudos to it for some of the other games it pays tribute to, including my favorite XBLA beat 'em up The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile

It is a damn fine game, and Dean is one of the nicest people I've met or interviewed at a con. He deserves all the success he can get with this, considering how many years it took him (started development in 2008/2009 or so).
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

dsheinem wrote:
Gamerforlife wrote:

It is a damn fine game, and Dean is one of the nicest people I've met or interviewed at a con. He deserves all the success he can get with this, considering how many years it took him (started development in 2008/2009 or so).

I wish Dean all the success in the world. It's very obvious to me that the game is a labor of love. You can see the blood, sweat, and tears coming out of every pore of this game. Given how amazingly polished the whole thing is, I'm not surprised it's been in development since 2008/2009. Even just little things like being able to skip ALL dialog and cutscenes, having the blacksmith available to players at all times, the frequent save points, the stylish intros for new chapters and new stages, the Zelda-like audio cues when you're racking up hits in a combo, and other things just go to show that this guy thought of EVERYTHING. I was playing the game a bit today. At this point I'm thinking I've seen everything the game has to show me, and it surprised again TWICE. I love this game.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: Podcast #43 - What's Obscure? | + a DUST Code Giveaway!

Post by dsheinem »

Last chance to enter to win the code - listen to the show to find out how!
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Re: Podcast #43 - What's Obscure? | + a DUST Code Giveaway!

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Just realized tonight that I had only listened to the first half of this show previously. Thanks for sharing my Game Gear example. Dave's comments about the 3DO gave me pause as I've been thinking of offloading mine also. The only other system I ever "got rid of" was an Atari Lynx and that was for the Racket Boy Charity Auction.