Game Magazines and Books - Post yours

The Philosophy, Art, and Social Influence of games
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Game Magazines and Books - 100th issue of Retro Gamer

Post by noiseredux »

Bradtemple87 wrote:PSM was my baby Noise, I wish I kept all my old issues. I had about 6 years worth straight :(

that's daggers to my heart! I LOVE PSM. Ugh.
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Post by Cronozilla »

I liked PSM for awhile ... but then stopped caring. I have about five years worth.

I also have about a year of Game Players (the same entire team moved onto PSM ... and the EIC runs Nintendo Power now).

I shall make an effort to get this issue of Retro Gamer ... sadly, where I'm at they come around about a month later.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

(Kid teasing song)

We got an issue,we got an issue,so no more tissue,"sneeze" and bless you.
I got some ice cream and you cant get none,because your jealous. :lol:
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Cronozilla wrote:I liked PSM for awhile ... but then stopped caring. I have about five years worth.

I'll take them!
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

noiseredux wrote:
Cronozilla wrote:I liked PSM for awhile ... but then stopped caring. I have about five years worth.

I'll take them!

Ill help make this happen. :wink:
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Metal Jesus posted a video concerning various Video Game magazines, a nice review! Joystik magazine was mentioned, made me think about the PDFs I posted in the OP. If anyone else has additional PDF links of game magazines, please post.

ImageMetal Jesus Retro Magazine Collection
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Michi
Next-Gen

Re: Game Magazines and Books - Post yours

Post by Michi »

I wouldn't call it great or anything, so don't misunderstand, but has anyone else been picking up the free gamecenter magazine at Walmart? It's published by them, so don't expect much if you see a copy (you can, however, expect a lot of Walmart ads.)

I've been picking it up when I see it out of curiosity's sake and because, well, it's free, so why the hell not. It's only 50 pages and it's got the usual magazine fare for a gaming magazine. It's even got interviews with various gaming staff, thought they're really short.

They did sort of surprise me with issue 3. They had a "Top 20 Video Games of All Time" feature and instead of shoving in a lot of current gen titles to try to boost sales like I expected them to do, they actually listed some good games: Symphony of the Night, Chrono Trigger, Half-Life 2, Super Metroid, Tetris, A Link tot he Past. They even had a side blerp of "5 Sequels We Want to Play" that included Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, Mutant League Football, Vagrant Story, and Herzog Zwei.

I wouldn't say I was impressed or anything, but it's a neat little anomaly.