MAME CHDs

Emu Talk Goes Here
SpaceBooger

MAME CHDs

Post by SpaceBooger »

I just got a couple chds for my arcade cabinet... what do I do with them, just put the folder in the roms folder?
Is that it?
I put the SF3 one in the folder and it is formatting a cd?
Do I need to run chmame or something.
thanks in advance for the help.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: Atari 2600 & 5200, NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis,
Sega CD, Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU, XBONE & Switch.
indecks
Next-Gen

Post by indecks »

It's been an age since I toyed with MAME CHDs but I think you're supposed to put them in the ROMs folder, and then in another folder named exactly like the game. For example:

%root%\ROMS\Killer Instinct\killer instinct.chd

Things might have changed (and of course I could be mistake in the first place) in the time that I've not used it.
indecks
Next-Gen

Post by indecks »

Were you able to get this running Spacebooger? I'm curious if I was completely incorrect, lol.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

indecks wrote:Were you able to get this running Spacebooger? I'm curious if I was completely incorrect, lol.

I got SFIII and Killer Instinct to work, but the newer Gauntlet games did not... the weird thing is I wanted SFIII but the wife likes to play Golden Axe type beat-em-up games, so she was more disappointed than I was.
So thanks, so far so good... I may look into getting a couple more and let you know.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: Atari 2600 & 5200, NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis,
Sega CD, Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU, XBONE & Switch.