recommended adventure games on saturn?

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
whupthewickedwurm
24-bit

Post by whupthewickedwurm »

Oh, also check out Crusader of Centy for Genesis. It's another Zelda clone.
SegaVega
24-bit

Post by SegaVega »

Why not Beyond Oasis for Genesis, the precusor to Lengend of Oasis. I'd even say its quite a bit better than it's Saturn incarnate. Also check out Light Crusader on Genesis. It has a similar isometric view and very similar style to these games. It was also developed by Treasure which means there is no way it would suck.
SegaVega
24-bit

Post by SegaVega »

whupthewickedwurm wrote:Man, and I was thinking of buying Time Stalkers... oh well. What if I got it for really cheap, would it be worth it? I'm also wondering if any of you have played Lady Stalker.(what a title) It's another sequel.

Oops, sorry I missed your post - yeah definitely buy it anyway (especially if it's cheap), you might find it fun in some ways. It's actually not that terrible, but it's certainly not among the better half of the Dreamcast's library.

I've played a little of LadyStalker, but that opening was confusing...I'm not sure I'd recommend it to grittykitty; the battles are arguably random and can get very tedious. I'm also not the most fluent Japanese, and thus didn't finish it, so for all I know the game could have actually been about lady stalking. :D
grittykitty
forever 16-bit

Post by grittykitty »

i'll have to check out d, i also have dark savior burned already so i may try that next after legend of oasis. i have of course played beyond oasis on the genesis (back in the days of sega channel, oooooh yeah!). i just beat albert odyssey and was kinda disappointed. i need some time away from turned-based rpg's as to not ruin "our relationship", heh.

oh i've had the ladystalker rom forever, but never played it more than a few minutes. i'll have to give it another go sometime soon (and i do believe a group released an english patch for it)
SegaVega
24-bit

Post by SegaVega »

grittykitty wrote:oh i've had the ladystalker rom forever, but never played it more than a few minutes. i'll have to give it another go sometime soon (and i do believe a group released an english patch for it

I think I heard that english patch was never completed, so if you can't find it, don't waste too much time looking for it. One LadyStalker project site I just looked at said "5% complete" and hadn't been updated in a very long time. No matter, it's still fun trying to wobble through the Super Famicom cart.
gup
8-bit

Post by gup »

does anyone know of more adventure games like oasis?

Herc's Adventures: A cross between Monkey Island and Beyond Oasis. Good.
Only other title I'm aware of for Saturn is JP import "Linkle Liver Story". Not very good.

Never got into Shining Wisdom ... slick presentation, but not much fun IMO.

Genesis/SNES: Addams Family Values holds up pretty good. AFAIK, same on both systems.