MSX emulator - BlueMSX

Emu Talk Goes Here
Boaby Kenobi
16-bit

MSX emulator - BlueMSX

Post by Boaby Kenobi »

I downloaded an emulator recently - BlueMSX it's called. I'm having trouble getting it to run so can anyone help me out? Do you need to load both the cartridge and floppy roms? I downloaded Metal Gear + MG - Solid Snake but can't seem to get them working. I tried extracting one of the zip files and it gave me one additional file.
Please help.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

If the game is cartridge based, you load the cartridge. If it is floppy based, then you load the disk. You should be able to figure it out based on the extension. I never tried running .zipped stuff. Unzip it first. Also I think there are 2 different floppy drives, I'll check later for you if I have time.

Ivo.
Boaby Kenobi
16-bit

Post by Boaby Kenobi »

OK mate, thanks. I'll try and find out what format Metal Gear was. I know that the MSX version of Snatcher was both cartridge and floppy disk, so I imagine you can do some kind of dual boot with the emulator.
Cheers.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

I'm pretty sure if it is a dual thing you will have at least two files inside the zip. Then you go to the menu and "insert" both of them, possibly you need to disable some option that says something like "automatically eject" or something. Unless you specifically make the emulator eject an image, I think it keeps it (so, for example, if you go to the menu and do a reset, you won't need to go to the menu to insert something again). So this should allow you to put both a disk and a cart, reset, and run with both "inserted".

If you only have one file in the .zip, either it's not a "dual" game, or I'm guessing the .zip is incomplete :)

Ivo.
fumanchu
24-bit

Post by fumanchu »

ive got bluemsx for the xbox1 and its an excellent emu if i can make a suggestion then try a game called aleste2,a great shmup. :wink:
by the way if anyone is looking for the xbox version its called bluemsxbox.
the legend will never die!
Boaby Kenobi
16-bit

Post by Boaby Kenobi »

I'm still having trouble getting a game to run on this emulator :oops:
When I try to run a game - Metal Gear - it doesnt seem to load up properly, it displays the MSX splash screen repeatedly.
Any ideas?
Cheers.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

Boaby Kenobi wrote:I'm still having trouble getting a game to run on this emulator :oops:
When I try to run a game - Metal Gear - it doesnt seem to load up properly, it displays the MSX splash screen repeatedly.
Any ideas?
Cheers.

You probably got a bad file. Try to get it from somewhere else and try again (compare the size of the files and so on).

Ivo.
fumanchu
24-bit

Post by fumanchu »

Boaby Kenobi wrote:I'm still having trouble getting a game to run on this emulator :oops:
Any ideas?
Cheers.

i had the same problem with the xbox version of this emu with both games,what you have to do is in the configuration screen set it to msx2+ and also if you got the screen repeating itself over and over then you do have the correct rom as i had the same.
good to see another scottish member here. 8)
the legend will never die!
Boaby Kenobi
16-bit

Post by Boaby Kenobi »

That's it working now. Cheers mate.