Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
abeaver
16-bit

Re: What are the best unported joystick and button arcade games?

by abeaver Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:44 am

Yes, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs is one of my favorite beat-em-ups.

The only arcade exclusive games that come to mind are Assault by Namco and Earth Defense Force. I know a version of EDF was made for the Super Nintendo, but its more of a remake than a port.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: What are the best unported joystick and button arcade ga

by dsheinem Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:08 am

Time to revive this thread!

I can add another one to the list that I just played tonight for the first time and had a lot of fun with: Mystic Warriors: Wrath of the Ninja

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystic_Warriors
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:51 am

So I was about to add Strikers 1999/Strikers 1945 III to the list after playing it a bit this week, but it turns out I already had it on the list :lol:

I am always looking for something novel to play on my MAME cab that I can't get anywhere else in any other form. Can anyone suggest some new additions to the list?
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:10 am

Here are a couple I enjoy:
- 005 - Sega Maze game from mid 80s
- Anteater - Maze game from mid 80s
- 1000 Mile Rally, sequel is soso. - The official cab was wheelbased, but Ive only seen a wheel cab once. One of my favorite isometric racers
- Cross Swords - technically it was ported to a console - AES and NeoCD, but they are all Neogeos. Its a first person swordfighting game
- The Super Spy - Like Cross Swords, but a first person beatemup, but not released on the AES or CD.

KingDavid73, Outfoxies looks awesome. How did I miss this? It looks like multiplayer Elevator Action Returns with some Rolling Thunder mixed in
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:26 am

fastbilly1 wrote:Here are a couple I enjoy:
- 005 - Sega Maze game from mid 80s
- Anteater - Maze game from mid 80s
- 1000 Mile Rally, sequel is soso. - The official cab was wheelbased, but Ive only seen a wheel cab once. One of my favorite isometric racers
- Cross Swords - technically it was ported to a console - AES and NeoCD, but they are all Neogeos. Its a first person swordfighting game
- The Super Spy - Like Cross Swords, but a first person beatemup, but not released on the AES or CD.

KingDavid73, Outfoxies looks awesome. How did I miss this? It looks like multiplayer Elevator Action Returns with some Rolling Thunder mixed in

Added the first three and Outfoxies. I am going to be picky about Neo stuff if it was ever sold in a form intended for home usage. Was The Super Spy ever available in any form at retail?
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:19 pm

dsheinem wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:Added the first three and Outfoxies. I am going to be picky about Neo stuff if it was ever sold in a form intended for home usage. Was The Super Spy ever available in any form at retail?

My mistake, it was released for AES, I was completely unaware of that release. I understand the hesitance in Neogeo titles.
flex wood
Next-Gen

by flex wood Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:40 pm

Hammerin' Harry

The arcade game is a completely different beast from the games that have been ported to home consoles. It's also my dads favorite game from when I was a kid.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:43 pm

flex wood wrote:Hammerin' Harry

The arcade game is a completely different beast from the games that have been ported to home consoles.

Are they just different/bad ports or an entirely unrelated game (like AvP)? If it was ported at all I am leaving it off the list...
chupon
Next-Gen

by chupon Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:46 pm

The Cliffhanger: Edward Randy

Mach Breakers

Shadow Force
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
flex wood
Next-Gen

by flex wood Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:56 pm

dsheinem wrote:
flex wood wrote:Hammerin' Harry

The arcade game is a completely different beast from the games that have been ported to home consoles.

Are they just different/bad ports or an entirely unrelated game (like AvP)? If it was ported at all I am leaving it off the list...

Yea never mind. I guess I had never seen video of the nes version side by side with the arcade, it is a crappy port of the arcade. It just looks so barren when compared to the arcade. However the arcade is the only version worth playing. The psp version is terribly slow and it feels like you're walking under water.
Return to Other Platforms