Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
isiolia
Next-Gen

Re: the Sucker Punch (movie) x Games connection

by isiolia Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:26 pm

noiseredux wrote:I actually wasn't aware of a Sucker Punch comic (will seek it out), but as a movie I knew that Snyder basically said he wanted SP to look like a video game. So with that much in mind I thought this thread would be fun anyway to kind of find intentional (or maybe unintentional) VG references.

Did the comic exist first, or was it a side product of the film project? The Fountain, for example, was intended as a film first, didn't get the support it needed initially, so Aronofsky had a graphic novel made from his script. Everything I've seen regarding Sucker Punch is that it was an original screenplay by Snyder, though there was definitely some comic art done as promotion for it.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:34 pm

isiolia wrote:Did the comic exist first, or was it a side product of the film project? The Fountain, for example, was intended as a film first, didn't get the support it needed initially, so Aronofsky had a graphic novel made from his script. Everything I've seen regarding Sucker Punch is that it was an original screenplay by Snyder, though there was definitely some comic art done as promotion for it.

that's what I thought too. I didn't think he wrote the screenplay based on anything prior. I know that after the film was made there were short anime films made too.
neilencio
64-bit

by neilencio Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:15 am

http://suckerpunchmovie.warnerbros.com/game/

Warner made a browser-based game for the movie. It uses the Unity3D engine (same one used by Marvel Superhero Squad Online and Cartoon Network's Fusion Fall MMOs) so it looks really good for a web-based game.

Only problem is that the controls can't be modified, and I find the "arrow keys for moving + z,x, and c keys for actions" control scheme to be counterintuitive after being weaned on the WASD and normal gamepad controls (re direction/navigation on my left hand, action controls on my right).
Visit my wife's blog: Pinay Geek
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:25 pm

I did a little research, and I was wrong. I must have misread back when it first came out. The movie is intended to have that convuluted and randomness of a comic storywise, with the visuals of a video game.

Sorry 'bout that.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Return to General Gaming