GP2X F-200 question.

Emu Talk Goes Here
Kevman
128-bit

GP2X F-200 question.

Post by Kevman »

I'm definetly getting the GP2X as my primary MP3/MP4/Emulation machine and I was looking into the F-200. That's the one with the touch screen. MY only problem is the color. I absolutly hate sleek white and I searched for different colors and all I could find was blue, but there wasn't a place to buy it.

I was wondering if anybody knows how to fix this color dilemma. If you have some sites post them up.

Thanks
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

I dunno if the touch screen really ads anything.
And IIRC, there isn't much different processor or anything.
I'd just stick with a GP2X -- its gonna be cheaper anyway.

Just a heads-up though -- I hope you have big pockets if you're going to use it as a portable MP3 player a lot.
It's not exactly thin.

Also, the battery life isn't good for extended use.
If you want a cheap MP3 player, look at the Sandisk Sansa Clip
Then use the GP2X for everything else :)
dudex77
32-bit

Post by dudex77 »

I would suggest waiting for the pandora instead. It's being made by members of the gp32x forums who wanted a newer gp2x type handheld so this thing is an open source beast. It has 2 analog sticks and a high resolution screen which puts the psp to shame. Rather than me just going on about it just read the info on the site http://openpandora.org/
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Except for the fact that it looks very uncomfortable.
I guess I'd have to hold one to be sure.
ott0bot
Next-Gen

Post by ott0bot »

Looks like a DS with a keyboard, but costs $330 Euro!! Ouch. Even a PSP is cheaper and you can emulate dang near anything on that plus play legit games. Good for other apps I suppose. Is a GP2X that much?
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

ott0bot wrote:Looks like a DS with a keyboard, but costs $330 Euro!! Ouch. Even a PSP is cheaper and you can emulate dang near anything on that plus play legit games. Good for other apps I suppose. Is a GP2X that much?

You can score a GP2X for $100 - $150 USD

Here's some closed auctions on eBay
http://tinyurl.com/6ql6mr
dudex77
32-bit

Post by dudex77 »

ott0bot wrote:$330 Euro

wat? To me 220 euros isn't that bad but I can see how stateside that seems way expensive. Still this thing is capable of being far more than just an emulation power house. It's is basically a UMPC. The PSP has a total of maybe 5 commercial games worth playing and the rest are ports anyway plus there has been talk of making a psp emulator for the Pandora. Even before release this thing has a Playstation emulator working completely unoptimized. I don't doubt that they'll find away in the future to emulate the Dreamcast to some extent on this thing too.