Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
weasels
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by weasels Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:28 pm

Some may know of a little rarity names guitaroo man! well today i found the psp port: guitaroo man lives! It's a great game and pretty much a perfect port (aside from a few animations that need to be smoothed out). only thing i worry about is breaking the psp's stick...also the case looks so freaking awesome in my collection.
"ninja's wear clothing of every color so they can blend with the alphabet."-best friend concerning bushido blade 2.
my trade and sell list is right here: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20601

N64, saturn model 2, ds, Dreamcast, ps1, ps2, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, xbox, 3DO, psp slim (v.3001.)
feel free to PM/IM me if you feel like talking to me.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:59 pm

40 Copies of Star Wars Behind The Magic - $32.67 Shipped

Right click the pics to see a larger image.

noiseredux wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=541105#p541105

I think I just beat my own Find! One of the sellers is getting tired of losing money on Amazon Fees and did not wanted to just dump history in the garbage. Offered the entire lot to me for VERY CHEAP! So what am I going to do with 50 copies!!?? I convinced the seller to keep a few, now I'll be getting 40 extra complete copies. There is an interesting tale how the seller acquired so many, I'll post that when I get the crate.
Translation: my wife is going to kill me.

Remember the Star Wars Behind The Magic I mentioned a while back?

The case came in, I broke it open and inside there are two smaller 12 pack factory boxes that have Lucas Arts Code Stickers. These look to be the original boxes that would be sent to a retailer! There are also individual sealed boxes piled on top for a total of forty copies!

I asked the seller the story behind why he had so many:
Amazon Fairnook Sales wrote: http://www.amazon.com/gp/shops/storefro ... FYWMTCS5O1

I bought around 60 of these box sets like the one I sent you at a local machinery sales yard that sells outside and inside items. A bizarre out of place purchase on a pallet next to some tires & tool boxes. I think I bought the whole pallet for around $20. A purchase I regret if these end up getting thrown away. A purchase I do not mind if they can be used.

I have 40 Star Wars Magic packed into a extra sturdy 24x18x16 box ready to ship. The shipping weight is 28 lbs. I put two boxes of 12 each on bottom of box. These boxes had not been opened and one still has an old sealed packing slip. Interestingly, it looks like these boxes were shipped from Amazon in 2003 as there was a packing slip still on one.

A very honest seller, I have him bookmarked! :mrgreen:

I moved a box here and another box there and the individual boxes to the closet. I quickly dumped five off to my neighbor for his relatives, another ten will go to the library and museum. Ten for my family and friends and still have fifteen to spare for future archives or trades. This piece of history needs to be preserved for future generations to discover. :D

Star Wars Behind The Magic Lucas Arts.jpg
Star Wars Behind The Magic Lucas Arts.jpg (253.28 KiB) Viewed 733 times

These are not really that rare, just unknown to most. Amazon only had two reviews, so I added mine:
CRTGAMER wrote: http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Behind- ... B0009K3D9Q

Star Wars Behind The Magic Encyclopedia discs are a treasure trove of information, far better then a web site or the extras in the DVD and BluRay movie discs. The user interface is detailed and keeps track backwards and forwards of all the pages you visited with multiple cross links. So much better researching with a mouse instead of using a remote to view a movie disc extra. Rare footage includes the lost video of Biggs with Luke. The amount of data stored in the pages of the discs is amazing. Find out each scene, character and ship in detail in how various props were created. All sorts of hidden Star Wars historical information is presented. Why does Han Solo's pants have stripes, who is Biggs, what ship is faster then the Millenium Falcon, see Chewbacca's family, the data just streams on an on. Wrap it up by answering a trivia questionnaire which has even more information.

Behind The Magic runs in Windows XP, Windows 98 and Windows 95. It will not run in a 64 bit Windows 7 but might run in 32 bit Windows 7. Note that only the 1st edition release of Star Wars Behind The Magic include the Yoda Art Lithograph.

The boxes that came with the bonus Yoda Lithograph have a silver sticker on the shrink wrap that identifies this. I carefully split the wrap which now becomes a labeled protective liner for the Lithograph. 8)

Last edited by CRTGAMER on Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Opa Opa

by Opa Opa Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:27 pm

CRTGAMER wrote:I mentioned this a while back, they finally came in! :mrgreen:

Posting a pic in a little while, got to arrange all the boxes!

Is the wife as excited as you are?
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

by elmagicochrisg Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:30 pm

Opa Opa wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:I mentioned this a while back, they finally came in! :mrgreen:

Posting a pic in a little while, got to arrange all the boxes!

Is the wife as excited as you are?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
Cody_D165
24-bit

by Cody_D165 Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:42 pm

Hey, I'm kinda new here. Figured I'd post about this find I got on Craigslist. An Atari 7800 with twenty 2600 games and one 7800 game. Even has one of those entertainment center stand-things. No controllers, but I can use a Genesis controller for a bunch of the games until I find one. Paid $20. My first Atari console ever, glad to own one.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who loves the Nintendo e-Reader.

I'm learning to make chiptune music in my spare time :P Check out my Soundcloud!
http://soundcloud.com/eight-badges
harper
Next-Gen

by harper Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:49 pm

mjmjr25 wrote:Nice find - the official GEN AC adapters can be tough to find, getting it all boxed/bundle like that is pretty sweet.

Thanks. :D I am very excited about it. Actually I got pretty lucky because after I got it I went to the game store and found out the guy who works there went to Goodwill last night and didn't find anything, so I guess it wasn't out yet. But as I was leaving Goodwill I ran into another guy who's kind of one of my competitors if you will. haha I met him when he responded to an ad of mine on Craigslist and we've done some trades and stuff and he mostly buys to resell on ebay and shit. But yeah he walked in just as I was leaving so I could've easily missed out on it.
Breetai
Next-Gen

by Breetai Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:06 am

CRTGAMER wrote:
Breetai wrote:[quote="Breetai"7500. Last model before they took out the serial port. So, it's a decent model I think. It's only missing direct s-video output. :P

You have one of the best models. It has both the Sound Scope CD Music Player (Try it) and still has the cheat cart port. The missing SVideo port is not a big deal, was only on early models that would not play FMV files that well. Any PS1-PS2-PS3 SVideo cable works fine.

Yeah, only a direct s-video output on the first Japanese model.

I realized that component does not work (as I have a PS cable for it). I'll have to get an PS s-video cable eventually.

$20 for a 7800 with a bunch of 2600 games isn't bad! See if you can track down the Euro control pads.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:57 am

Breetai wrote:
Cody_D165 wrote:Hey, I'm kinda new here. Figured I'd post about this find I got on Craigslist. An Atari 7800 with twenty 2600 games and one 7800 game. Even has one of those entertainment center stand-things. No controllers, but I can use a Genesis controller for a bunch of the games until I find one. Paid $20. My first Atari console ever, glad to own one.
$20 for a 7800 with a bunch of 2600 games isn't bad! See if you can track down the Euro control pads.

@ Cody - Welcome to Racketboy and a great 1st post! Very good find on the 7800, I recognize that blue proprietary connector for the power adaptor. Very lucky to get that, hard to come by. Looks like the previous owner only bought 2600 games for it, Pole Position II is the pack in with the console. As Breetai mentioned, the Euro 7800 gamepads are the way to go. Another option is the Genesis gamepad can be modded to go Dual button. The good news is that a majority of 7800 games work with a 2600 controller. 7800 Arcade to home games such as Robotron, Asteroids and Centipede have a unique exclusive feature. Simultaneous Two Player!
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

coastercrazy10
64-bit

by coastercrazy10 Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:10 am

Been dying to get my hands on a Game Boy Player disc and the prices have just been too high for me. Found this BIN for $18 shipped with the disc and the player. Not great, but not terrible. I'm just happy to have the option now!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180799859186?ss ... 497wt_1396

-Ben

PS I understand this is only a "find" judging by the average going rate on amazon and eBay. I'm just very excited about it, and it will aid me in doing GB gameplay videos and let's plays!
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

by gtmtnbiker Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:35 am

CRTGAMER wrote:40 Copies of Star Wars Behind The Magic - $32.67 Shipped

Sorry to say but I think they're all going to end up in the dumpster at some point. I do remember having an encyclopedia on CDROM was a novelty during the 90s but it is amazing how quickly it became obsolete. If you want to collect encyclopedias, I'll be happy to sell you my copy of Microsoft Encarta 98 for a good price.

My in-laws still have the large paper encyclopedia set on their bookshelf. My father-in-law has asked a few times if I would like this set (from the 70s?). I'm like, what? No way, it's just trash at this point.
Return to Game Deals