Region switch

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
Clockwork
24-bit

Post by Clockwork »

nice!!! someones got a programmer???
know your roots !!!
Pullmyfinger
Next-Gen

Post by Pullmyfinger »

Whoa this is cool, but it does seem like a lot of trouble, I think region patching is the way I'm going
turkey
24-bit

Post by turkey »

region patching is good if your in the us, but not so much good if your in the EU as you still need the 50/60 hz switch. And as i have some import originals i need this, well i dont as i have a basic switch i knocked up in there atm, but i want to make it more asthetically pleasing :)

I have had a look and i think i can get a programmer locally, might have to give it a go on the weekend.
lordofduct
Next-Gen

Post by lordofduct »

Or you buy yourself a new TV and a Jap/US version of the console and BAM your in the clear (a lot of new TVs in Europe now support both 50 and 60hz).
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
turkey
24-bit

Post by turkey »

it true most of our tvs suport 60hz even the old ones, but if you want a collection its nice to have to the original box's and in my opionon the us ones are pretty bulky :(

I am looking to get a jap saturn tho, but will still mod it like this, i just like the idea of compatability, and region patching just seems wrong and lazy, plus with the region switch you can run the pal games at 60hz so you get the best of both worlds :)
Clockwork
24-bit

Post by Clockwork »

turkey wrote:it true most of our tvs suport 60hz even the old ones

not mine :-(
know your roots !!!