Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: help me with Beats Of Rage PS2

by noiseredux Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:57 pm

I did makea CDGENSP2 copy, BUT that's makes a CD-ROM and I can't figure out any way to ESR patch it. :?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Solved: Beats Of Rage PS2

by noiseredux Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:48 pm

Well it took me a couple of nights, 4 DVD-R's, 1 CD-R and a whole lot of various downloads, and reading but I got my BOR compilation working. Ultimately, I had to do a lot of stuff: break the CDI, build a new ISO, burn it, rip the burn, convert the PAL to NTSC and finally ESR patch it. BUT now it's done, and I'm happy. :)
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:12 pm

noiseredux wrote:Well it took me a couple of nights, 4 DVD-R's, 1 CD-R and a whole lot of various downloads, and reading but I got my BOR compilation working. Ultimately, I had to do a lot of stuff: break the CDI, build a new ISO, burn it, rip the burn, convert the PAL to NTSC and finally ESR patch it. BUT now it's done, and I'm happy. :)
Glad you got it working.
1. Is it on a CDR or DVDR?
2. How is the game, is it like Street Fighter or more like Final Fight?
3. How many varieties of games on the PS2 version?
4. What number position did you use the setting for Y-Fix?

I'll add your Y-Fix position settings to the PAL NTSC Conversion Guide.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:14 pm

CRTGAMER wrote:1. Is it on a CDR or DVDR?
2. How is the game, is it like Street Fighter or more like Final Fight?
3. How many varieties of games on the PS2 version?
4. What number position did you use the setting for Y-Fix?

1. DVDR
2. It's like Streets Of Rage, son. :) (Final Fight)
3. Too many to count right now.
4. 48 (default), looks good.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:46 am

BTW, CRTGamer, unless yr planning to put the DVDR on yr HDD, then you don't need to bother with the DVD compilation at all. It doesn't have a GUI or anything, it's basically just ulaunchelf on a disc that's loaded with a bunch of BOR builds. So really, you could just download the thing, use ISOBuster to extract all the ELF's and throw them on a USB drive or something instead. I know you're not interested in playing the actual DVD like I am.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:27 am

noiseredux wrote:BTW, CRTGamer, unless yr planning to put the DVDR on yr HDD, then you don't need to bother with the DVD compilation at all. It doesn't have a GUI or anything, it's basically just ulaunchelf on a disc that's loaded with a bunch of BOR builds. So really, you could just download the thing, use ISOBuster to extract all the ELF's and throw them on a USB drive or something instead. I know you're not interested in playing the actual DVD like I am.
Thanks. Oh crap, I thought there would be a front end that selects individual builds without having to reboot when changing levels. I have a ulaunch folder in the hard drive I could put the ELFs there i guess. I could at least throw either ulaunch elf or a homebrew menu together with all the builds on a DVDR or CDR. That way it will boot right off the HDAdvance menu, a later project.

I updated the Playstation PAL NTSC Conversion Guide

I also have info there on PAL Alien Hominid, a screenshot of the PAL exclusive mini game.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Return to Sony and Microsoft