Shining Force EXA!

Level up here
gunslingerg

Shining Force EXA!

Post by gunslingerg »

Well I just got this and it's great. The system's pretty much like NEO, but with some minor changes. It's in Japanese so everything's a bit fuzzy right now, it's overwhelmingly hard as well. For instance, there's a scenario which happens about every hour of gameplay where you must defend your base...it becomes a cool minigame where you can level up base defenses and stuff like that. Problem is, sometimes the fights are impossible to win at your current level, or your base doesn't have enough health for you to survive. Okay, so you die, and reload your game, right? Wrong. The game prompts you to save before each of these fights, and, naturally (unknowingly), you fall into the "saved right after I jumped off a cliff" loop. Ther's no way to level up before your base is attacked, so if you left the weak party at the base, they're stuck defending the base. Although you learn after the first time it happens, it's still a trip every time it happens. Overall, a very good rpg. Coming to the states in March, I think.
risk
16-bit

Post by risk »

heh, im still gonna grab the american release if its ever released.
gunslingerg

Post by gunslingerg »

march 26 is american release, i believe.
metaleggman
128-bit

Post by metaleggman »

Is this for playstation 2?
gunslingerg

Post by gunslingerg »

Yeah, it's on ps2.
soniklife
24-bit

Post by soniklife »

woah. awesome. fortunately for me my brother is giving me his ps2 this week. looks like i have a game to look forward to getting!
Psycho Penguin
8-bit

Post by Psycho Penguin »

Hm, I could have sworn this game was out here. Then again, I get the Shining series on PS2 confused. Looking forward to this one as I missed the last 3000 but am planning on playing them. Maybe this will give me the motivation I need!
kgcarini
32-bit

Post by kgcarini »

It is avalible in the states...I just bought it at walmart for a cool 20 bucks! :D
soniklife
24-bit

Post by soniklife »

i picked up shining force neo this weekend. hopefully SF Exa is $20 at all walmart locations. i'll check my local one on the way home from work.