Best SNES Dungeon Crawler?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Soloman
8-bit

Re: Best SNES Dungeon Crawler?

Post by Soloman »

Brandish is an action oriented overhead crawler but it has a really wonky control scheme. Eye of the Beholder and Dungeon Master are really your best bets. Obitus is decent and Drakkhen is totally obtuse, frustrating, and hilarious in its oddity. It did come out with Dragon View, a good spinoff/sequel/whatever.
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

Post by Rurouni_Fencer »

Soloman wrote:It did come out with Dragon View, a good spinoff/sequel/whatever.

Dragon View is related to the two Drakkhen games?
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)
4ppleseed
64-bit

Post by 4ppleseed »

Thanks for the suggestions, will check them out this week.
Para
128-bit

Post by Para »

Wizardy 5 is pretty good but ridiculously hard and unforgiving. You definitely need the instruction manual to understand the spells and abilities in the game. When I was really young my brother and I used to make maps of all the different floors using graph paper. I have mostly played the first Wizardry for NES and that is what I am basing most of my opinions on but the SNES version seems to be pretty much the same.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Para wrote:Wizardy 5 is pretty good but ridiculously hard and unforgiving. You definitely need the instruction manual to understand the spells and abilities in the game. When I was really young my brother and I used to make maps of all the different floors using graph paper. I have mostly played the first Wizardry for NES and that is what I am basing most of my opinions on but the SNES version seems to be pretty much the same.

Isn't 5 one of the more popular ones? I could be wrong. But yeah I think I've definitely heard these games are pretty brutal.