Is there a videogame database that can sort by release date?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Jerkface Killah
32-bit

Is there a videogame database that can sort by release date?

Post by Jerkface Killah »

I am working on an ongoing project in which I need to identify a game every week that came out this week, some year in the past. To clarify, I could say, "this week in 1989, Game X came out." I am having trouble finding a website that will display games by release date. MobyGames.com lets you sort by year but not by month. Any suggestions? I don't want to have to make my own list as it would be games for all consoles. Help! Thanks.
JFK
Ack

Re: Is there a videogame database that can sort by release date?

Post by Ack »

I'm not aware of any. The RFGeneration database and Mobygames database can be searched by release year, but that's the best I know of.
corn619
Next-Gen

Post by corn619 »

Gamefaqs has the release date of a game when you select it from a list. Thats about it man.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

im not too sure but I think that wikipedia has something that can help, at least I think it does.

pick a video game, towards the bottom of the screen there's an index and whats there may help you
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Actually, even Wikipedia can help. For instance go to the List of NES games. If you look at the column headers you can click on the >< button to sort by that column. Then you can change it to up/down as you prefer. Granted they're only by year, but still that should help.
ja_le_co
8-bit

Post by ja_le_co »

The sortable columns on Wikipedia's "List of x games" are a great way to get started, but oddly some of the dates on those tables are different than the dates in the game's individual entries. Chrontendo made this list for NES games that's pretty helpful.
Jerkface Killah
32-bit

Post by Jerkface Killah »

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! This Wikipedia page would be the best, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_v ... es#By_date but it only has PlayStation 1 and 2. But Wikipedia seems to be a good place to find links to lists. I'll let you guys know if I make a giant master list.
JFK