Street Fighter 3 toned down?

Brawlers and Beatemups
Shvalt
8-bit

Street Fighter 3 toned down?

Post by Shvalt »

The other day, I was in gamestation and bought Street fighter Anniversery Collection.
Now I mainly bought it for SF3, but after playig that for a while, i decided to try the strange version of SF2. (The one with all the revisions rolled into one.)
I completely failed. I couldn't pull off any special moves and got completely owned by the computer.

So i was wondering, was the difficulty toned down for 3, or are you given more time to do the special moves?

It's making my brain hurt...
racketboy
Site Admin

Re: Street Fighter 3 toned down?

Post by racketboy »

Shvalt wrote:The other day, I was in gamestation and bought Street fighter Anniversery Collection.
Now I mainly bought it for SF3, but after playig that for a while, i decided to try the strange version of SF2. (The one with all the revisions rolled into one.)
I completely failed. I couldn't pull off any special moves and got completely owned by the computer.

So i was wondering, was the difficulty toned down for 3, or are you given more time to do the special moves?

It's making my brain hurt...

SF3 has more of an emphasis on defense and it's probably a bit slower paced than some of the turbo versions of SF2.
And I think I would agree that SF2's moves are a bit tougher to pull off.

If SF3 is "toned down", I think you could say the same thing about the Alpha series as well.
samratty
16-bit

Post by samratty »

You're probably not used to the speed of some SF2's and find it harder for your motions to be recognised. It's just a case of getting used.