Racketboy.com Podcast #4: Gaming for Charity

Podcast announcements, feedback, and discussion
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Racketboy.com Podcast #4: Gaming for Charity

Post by dsheinem »

http://www.racketboy.com/retro/podcast/ ... arity.html

For this show, I interviewed The Speed Gamers and the Desert Bus for Hope folks at Loading Ready Run. Hope you enjoy it...as always, please leave any feedback, questions, constructive criticism, etc.
jfe2
Next-Gen

Re: Racketboy.com Podcast #4: Gaming for Charity

Post by jfe2 »

Can't wait to listen to it! I think I'll save it for this Saturday since they called me in to work this weekend.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

nice interviews, but the last interview was a "riot". :mrgreen:

I enjoyed it.
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

I listened to half of this episode today at work, and it is really entertaining stuff!

I can't stress enough how well made this podcast is. It has perfect structure and the interview style makes it really easy to listen to.

If you haven't given it a shot yet, LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST! Any true "Racketeer" will love it!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Listened to #4... now obviously the charity theme was great, especially around the holidays. So I don't really need to say much about that.

On the purely entertainment front: I wasn't all that into the Speed Runners segment, because honestly I've never had much interest in the concept of speed running at all. So while it was nice to hear that this guy arranged a way to raise money while playing games, it really didn't come across as very interesting to me.

The Desert Bus segment was awesome though. At first I was nervous at the prospect of trying to listen to eight comedians share the mic, but it actually was very funny and interesting. I had never heard of Desert Bus -- I had heard of the Penn & Teller game, but without specifics. So first of all, the concept of the game itself is awesome and hilarious. I love crap like that. And the concept of the fundraiser is great. It's way funnier and interesting to me to have somebody playing a really really bad and boring game for charity than just trying to beat Zelda games as fast as possible.

AND FINALLY on the technical side -- Dave, I think this is the episode where a lot of the bugs were finally worked out. I had no problems with mic volumes or anything like that. And you did a great job as usual. I really hope you plan to continue the podcast for a LONG time!
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:AND FINALLY on the technical side -- Dave, I think this is the episode where a lot of the bugs were finally worked out. I had no problems with mic volumes or anything like that. And you did a great job as usual. I really hope you plan to continue the podcast for a LONG time!

Don't worry, there are still some technical blips and blurps ahead :lol:

I plan to do this for the foreseeable future, so no worries there. Doing the show at a rate of once every 3-4 weeks takes the pressure off of developing new content constantly, and there is more than enough in the history and culture of gaming to use for show ideas.

I'm getting a kick out of you going back through these old episodes. Even though they were only recorded 7-8 months ago or so, it seems an eternity. Hard to believe we'll be coming up on one year for the show in October...
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

dsheinem wrote:
I'm getting a kick out of you going back through these old episodes. Even though they were only recorded 7-8 months ago or so, it seems an eternity. Hard to believe we'll be coming up on one year for the show in October...

it's actually a lot of fun to be crash-coursing through them... I have no idea why I procrastinated on listening to these for so long!
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Continuing to catch up on these myself. As others have stated, the first bit was a bit dry, but it was still informative. I'm sure it's more interesting to watch those guys plough through the games if a little dependent on the series. Obviously having a comedy troupe talking about playing a ridiculous game just comes across as a little more entertaining after the fact. Good stuff though and nice to be able to have things like this to hold up when some nut with an agenda says all gamers are terrible people.