Favorite 3rd party developers?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Re: Favorite 3rd party developers?

Post by Gamerforlife »

It seems unfair to even mention konami and capcom. I mean seriously, they've been around FOREVER. They beat out most other companies just on the sheer quantity of stuff they've contributed to the industry. I love a lot of their classic stuff, but they shouldn't even be allowed as choices, let's give the other companies a chance in this thread :lol:

I love Bioware, games like Mass Effect and Knights of the old Republic were very memorable and so was MDK 2, which doesn't get brought up when people talk about Bioware these days. Ubisoft also, if for no other reason than that they gave me two masterpieces from Michel Ancel(Beyond Good and Evil and Peter Jackson's King Kong). Prince of Persia: Sands of Time was pretty sweet too. I like Squaresoft for the Final Fantasy games(and other interesting stuff like Einhander), though the company pisses me off sometimes. And of course Rare for giving me Battletoads, Viva Pinata and Conker's Bad Fur Day.

The only other companies that pop into my head are not exactly third party companies(Sucker Punch, Team Ico and Sega)

I'm surprised no one mentioned Treasure yet

EDIT:Oh I guess someone did mention Treasure
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
slowslow325
Next-Gen

Post by slowslow325 »

Gamerforlife wrote:It seems unfair to even mention konami and capcom. I mean seriously, they've been around FOREVER. They beat out most other companies just on the sheer quantity of stuff they've contributed to the industry. I love a lot of their classic stuff, but they shouldn't even be allowed as choices, let's give the other companies a chance in this thread :lol:

Konami and Capcom are the only big third party developers I can even think of. So weird since they don't even make that many excellent games anymore.
Flake

Post by Flake »

Gamerforlife wrote:It seems unfair to even mention konami and capcom. I mean seriously, they've been around FOREVER. They beat out most other companies just on the sheer quantity of stuff they've contributed to the industry. I love a lot of their classic stuff, but they shouldn't even be allowed as choices, let's give the other companies a chance in this thread :lol:

Fair enough.

I'd say Dimps is a company I can get behind. They are the only ones that don't screw Sonic games up and their DBZ fighting titles for the PS2 were really solid.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

My list (in no particular order):

• Sega
  • Konami
  • Capcom
  • Treasure
  • 5th Cell (Scribblenauts/Drawn to Life)
  • Valve
  • Grasshopper

There's a few others but I can't think of them right now.

Also the creation of this thread gives me free reign to make a "Least Favorite Developers" thread. :twisted:
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

ive always been really impressed with a lot of the atlus stuff. love treasure and game arts.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller