GBA Flash Carts

Emu Talk Goes Here
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

marurun wrote:Ivo, you are correct. GB and GBC hardware is only in the original GBA and GBA SP (1 & 2) models. No GB or GBC hardware in the GB Micro, GB Player, or DS.
The GBPlayer can play GB and GBC games. I've done it myself.

Wikipedia wrote:The Game Boy Player is a device made by Nintendo for the Nintendo GameCube which enables Game Boy (although Super Game Boy enhancements are ignored), Game Boy Color, or Game Boy Advance cartridges to be played on a television.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Well, in that case...

poop
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Raz1r
24-bit

Post by Raz1r »

Does anybody have an EZFlash 4 mini-SD? I've been looking to get a flashcart, and that looked like the best option. I can get 2-1GB sticks off newegg. for like $15. (The reason for this is the cart has an 80-file limit. So having a 2GB would be useless if you have more than 80 files on the card.)

They are $36 at Gameyeeeah.com. I think I'm gonna get one.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

The resurgence of this thread reminds me - is there a way that you can play GB/GBC games using JUST a flashcart on your GBA? Because it makes sense that this is possible. Is it? Or there is no way of fooling the GBA (because it may just notice the carts are different, i.e. a GBA cart with a GB game).

Probably there is some software way to do it, but in that case it is highly likely that it is hardware specific, and not all carts will have the respective software.

Ivo.
Raz1r
24-bit

Post by Raz1r »

Ivo wrote:The resurgence of this thread reminds me - is there a way that you can play GB/GBC games using JUST a flashcart on your GBA? Because it makes sense that this is possible. Is it? Or there is no way of fooling the GBA (because it may just notice the carts are different, i.e. a GBA cart with a GB game).

Probably there is some software way to do it, but in that case it is highly likely that it is hardware specific, and not all carts will have the respective software.

Ivo.

I don't think there is without an emulator like Goomba. Have you tried?
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

Raz1r wrote:I don't think there is without an emulator like Goomba. Have you tried?

No, I was just curious.
Raz1r
24-bit

Post by Raz1r »

I think there is a Pogoshell extension for Goomba that allows you to place files in the root directory then select them as if they were executable files. I know for sure that there is an extension for PocketNES, but I am unsure whether or not there is one for Goomba or any other GB/GBC emulator.
Jubal
64-bit

Post by Jubal »

Ivo wrote:
GSZX1337 wrote:But, I don't know if it can play GB ROMS without the GB bridge and if it can work with the NDS (the Lite specifically.)
:P

Am I wrong in saying that a DS (lite or not) won't ever be able to play GB or GBC ROMs without an emulator?

As far as I remember, only GBAs have the necessary hardware for that backward compatibility.

marurun wrote:Ivo, you are correct. GB and GBC hardware is only in the original GBA and GBA SP (1 & 2) models. No GB or GBC hardware in the GB Micro, GB Player, or DS.

how about with the GBA player for the gamecube? is a GB/GBC emulator needed for this hardware?
Jubal
64-bit

Post by Jubal »

Jubal wrote:how about with the GBA player for the gamecube? is a GB/GBC emulator needed for this hardware?

ok so i just found that the Supercard SD doesn't work with the gamecube gameboy player anyhow, very disappointing.

what gba flash cart would you recommended for using with the gamecube GB player?

thanks
=Jubal=