Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
pureevil
64-bit

skipdr premier automatic

by pureevil Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:16 pm

has anyone got one of these I want to get one but don't know if they are any good.If you have one please tell me what you think of it :?:

http://saversoftware.com/Buynow-id-1542 ... matic.html
GOT,ps2 chiped,,game cube sliver,x box,dream cast,n 64,ps2 slim,ps2 slim,game boy sp X2 tribal and black,game gear,saturn(no tv lead),xbox 360,xbox 360 chipped,snes.master system 1and 2.

HAD BACK IN THE DAY vic 20,sega master system,nes,mega drive,super nes,atari st,amiga 500+,ps1,gameboy advance.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: skipdr premier automatic

by CRTGAMER Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:59 pm

pureevil wrote:has anyone got one of these I want to get one but don't know if they are any good.If you have one please tell me what you think of it :?:

http://saversoftware.com/Buynow-id-1542 ... matic.html

I have pretty good luck with regular automotive convertible top Plastic Polish. Takes care of small scratches but does not remove deep scratches. When the discs are that bad I go to Game Crazy, they have a very heavy duty polisher. Most now are closed down, but we still have one here locally. Still that disc scrubber might be a good investment.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

pureevil
64-bit

by pureevil Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:34 pm

automotive convertible top Plastic Polish?sorry you have lost me there.
GOT,ps2 chiped,,game cube sliver,x box,dream cast,n 64,ps2 slim,ps2 slim,game boy sp X2 tribal and black,game gear,saturn(no tv lead),xbox 360,xbox 360 chipped,snes.master system 1and 2.

HAD BACK IN THE DAY vic 20,sega master system,nes,mega drive,super nes,atari st,amiga 500+,ps1,gameboy advance.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:01 pm

Sorry, I guess not very common now. Older car convertibles have plastic rear windows that would scratch up pretty bad over time. Plastic polish the consistency of thin paint. Yes it does wipe clean.

Last edited by CRTGAMER on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

pureevil
64-bit

by pureevil Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:08 pm

really?are you for real

Josh
64-bit

by Josh Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:16 pm

I had a SkipDr a few years ago, and it just made the scratches worse for me. I've never used the Plastic Polish method though.
Collects promo gaming stuff, certain import games, hockey memorabilia, and other oddball things. (sig and avy under construction)
pureevil
64-bit

by pureevil Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:26 pm

Josh wrote:I had a SkipDr a few years ago, and it just made the scratches worse for me. I've never used the Plastic Polish method though.

sounds bad but was it a premier automatic?

Josh
64-bit

by Josh Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:33 pm

I don't think so, but the machine looked similar.
Collects promo gaming stuff, certain import games, hockey memorabilia, and other oddball things. (sig and avy under construction)
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:18 am

CRTGAMER wrote:I have pretty good luck with regular automotive convertible top Plastic Polish. Takes care of small scratches but does not remove deep scratches.

pureevil wrote:really?are you for real

CD's and DVD's have a thick clear plastic coating on the read side. The label side is actualy the fragile side. Only very thin layer of paint on the label side protecting the reflective aluminum.

I have had very good luck with that convertible window plastic polish. Buff polish in swirling motion by hand with cotton cloth, let fully dry then wipe off.

Josh wrote:I had a SkipDr a few years ago, and it just made the scratches worse for me. I've never used the Plastic Polish method though.

The disc scrubber actually does work but it does leave swirl marks because it really can polish or should I say remove a slight amount of the plastic. That is a good thing for deep scratches, no worries the scrubber doesn't remove too much. Just follow up with the plastic polish to get rid of the swirl etchings.

pureevil
64-bit

by pureevil Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:00 am

Has anyone else usede a skipdr premier automatic?if so tell me what you thought.

Return to Off-Topic / Whatever