Looking for the correct CD jewel cases

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Scooter
Next-Gen

Looking for the correct CD jewel cases

Post by Scooter »

I've been collecting a lot of Dreamcast games lately and many are used and as such the CD cases are banged to hell (don't people care for their media?). The artwork, books and discs are great, I'd just like to put these all in a nice new jewel case but I can't find the all clear cases used for Dreamcast and PS1 games. I've found the typical CD jewel cases in stores which have a black background, but I'd really like to find the all clear cases so the art work won't be covered up.

Anyone know of a source for these all-clear jewel cases?
racketboy
Site Admin

Re: Looking for the correct CD jewel cases

Post by racketboy »

Scooter wrote:I've been collecting a lot of Dreamcast games lately and many are used and as such the CD cases are banged to hell (don't people care for their media?). The artwork, books and discs are great, I'd just like to put these all in a nice new jewel case but I can't find the all clear cases used for Dreamcast and PS1 games. I've found the typical CD jewel cases in stores which have a black background, but I'd really like to find the all clear cases so the art work won't be covered up.

Anyone know of a source for these all-clear jewel cases?

Most places should sell the clear ones as well. There are getting more common.
How many are you looking to get

If you want an online place, check out Meritline:
http://www.meritline.com/5mm-slim-pp-jewel-case.html
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

I got few packs of 10 clear jewel cases from walmart for 2.99 each. They work great and look just like the originals. A good majority of my DC collection now shimmers like new. I didn't want to bother ordering these online because they are obviously large and fragile which makes shipping costs ridiculous usually. Best to buy them locally.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Ive always used tapeonline, or the nearby Tape Warehouse, http://www.tapeonline.com/CDDVD_Cases/P ... Clear.aspx
But I use to buy in lots of 4-500 so it was alot cheaper to do it this way.
The Apprentice
128-bit

Post by The Apprentice »

A cheap alternative is to use old music CD cases because they almost never use the black background. That's what I did.
Hatta wrote:Die Hard Arcade has Deep Scan in it. That's like retro inside retro. They must have heard we liked retro (dawg).
Jrecee wrote:What I like to do is knit little sweaters to put on the games.
Scooter
Next-Gen

Post by Scooter »

That's really odd as I've tried Best Buy, Office Max and Office Depot and haven't found them. I'll try Shopko and Wal-Mart, perhaps Target if that doesn't turn up any.

Thanks.
Scooter
Next-Gen

Post by Scooter »

Though I hate Wal-Mart with a passion, it turns out the local Wal-Mart is the only place that had the all-clear CD cases. $4 for ten.
ImportBoy
64-bit

Post by ImportBoy »

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Nexxtech-CD-Cases-NCDJCC25PK/sem/rpsm/oid/151052/catOid/-13011/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

These are clear standard-size jewel cases that I got for Saturn games I burned. Also used them for some burned Dreamcast games as well. A little pricey but they are pretty good I think. They had them in stock at my local Circuit City a few months ago.
-ImportBoy
Over 700 Saturn Games Available - Downloads, Information, & How To Guides
http://www.sega-saturn.us - kaneda@sega-saturn.us