NeGcon and 90's racing controllers now work on PS4/X1

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
ave1
8-bit

NeGcon and 90's racing controllers now work on PS4/X1

Post by ave1 »

Wipeout fans rejoice! You can now use the NeGcon and all the mid-90s Playstation racing controllers on your current-day game systems with a couple of adapters :
https://youtu.be/eOPplWrKIwM
Anapan
Next-Gen

Re: NeGcon and 90's racing controllers now work on PS4/X1

Post by Anapan »

Neat. You can also plug a NeGcon into a Blissbox to translate the analogs to other systems. I don't have a Jogcon anymore to try one on a blissbox.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ave1
8-bit

Post by ave1 »

I knew Blissbox worked on an original Xbox and maybe PS3, but what other systems can work with it?
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Huh, I was wrong. The Bliss Box 4-play only works with modern computer operating systems (Windows, Linux, Android, etc...). I distinctly remember twisting a NegCon to steer and using an analog button for gas on a PS3 racing game.
I must have been playing around with my ChronuxMax when I plugged it into a PS3 & one of the newer X-Box consoles.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ave1
8-bit

Post by ave1 »

At one time there was a project being attempted on Blissbox to get the NeGcon and PS1 Racing Controllers working on PS3 with beta firmware that I was involved in. I think you had to press Start and d-pad Up to activate this Blissbox PS3 mode. That was back in 2013 or 2014, but the endeavor was discontinued when the Blissbox 4-play came out just about a year later.

I'm pretty sure my recent project using the Cronusmax Plus and the PII & PIII PC Controller Convertor together is the only way to accomplish getting the PS1 racing controllers working on modern systems these days.

I'm not the first person to try this... Someone else back in 2016 may have had limited Cronusmax Plus success on one modern system game (F1 Series) using an Xtokki PS2 to Xbox 360 adapter which you can read about here: https://cronusmax.com/forums/showthread ... ght=Negcon

He couldn't get Forza 4 to work right with it due to button/axes mapping issues within the game itself, but at least he was able to get things working right in the F1 game, which is pretty interesting. Maybe you used the Cronusmax like this guy did...
ulao
8-bit

Post by ulao »

All of this should now be possible on the Bridge.
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=53899&p=1179538#p1179538
I think @ave1 is planning out some videos.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Sweet - thanks, Skunkx! I haven't even scratched the surface of what the new system can do, but it's all working great when I needed it to translate any obscure controllers I tried.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage