PSP Custom Firmware Delima

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
IcKy99
Next-Gen

Re: PSP Custom Firmware Delima

Post by IcKy99 »

Ziggy587 wrote:Seriously, congrats. The PSP with custom firmware is a powerful thing.

I'm waiting for the SNES emulator to finally get updated. Most games run great, but it seems any game with a chip runs slow. All the Donkey Kong Country's run too slow to play, thats my main concern lol.

yes!! i tried running F-Zero and its too slow, hopefully they update it soon
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Well if I'm not mistaken, the same version is out now that was out when I first flashed custom firmware about a year ago, and I think that version was out for a while before that. So who knows how long it will be before its updated.
IcKy99
Next-Gen

Post by IcKy99 »

Im not too fond of how DGEN emulates genesis either, but i cant complain cuz its cool to play Sonic at work without having to download roms on my work PC and get in trouble
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I use PicoDrive v1.51 myself and haven't had a single problem with it. It also emulates Sega CD, but I haven't tried it yet. There's also PSPGenesis and MEGADRIVE for the PSP, but I haven't tried either of them.

Check out PicoDrive and see if it works better. Also, which NES emulator are you using? I'm using NesterJ.
IcKy99
Next-Gen

Post by IcKy99 »

havent tried any NES emulation on my PSP yet, but ill try out Nester, i like it on the PC so on PSP it cant be bad
executioner
Next-Gen

Post by executioner »

Ziggy587 wrote:I use PicoDrive v1.51 myself and haven't had a single problem with it. It also emulates Sega CD, but I haven't tried it yet. There's also PSPGenesis and MEGADRIVE for the PSP, but I haven't tried either of them.

Check out PicoDrive and see if it works better. Also, which NES emulator are you using? I'm using NesterJ.

SegaCD emulation with PicoDrive is excellent. For together retro I played Lunar with PicoDrive. NesterJ is the best Nes emu on PSP.
Consoles: NES, Famicom, SNES, GC, GB DMG, GB Pocket, GBC, GBA, DSI XL, N64, VBoy, NDS, 3DSXL, Wii, SMS, GEN+CD+32X, GG, SAT, DC, WS, WS Color, NGPC, XBOX, 360, PS1, PSone, PS2, PSP, PS3, 3DO, CD-I, NGCD, Actionmax, TG16+CD, TE, PCE-DUO, Odyssey2, Playdia, 2600, Lynx & JAG.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I'm just waiting for Daedalus (N64 emulator) to release a version that has decent sound and runs games at a playable speed. I have a version that'll play Mario 64 at full speed, but no sound. I read that there's a new version coming out (not sure if it's out already) that's going to attempt and emulate sound. I just can't wait to be able to play some N64 games on PSP.

And while I'm on the subject of that, I can't wait for the SNES9xtyl (or whatever it's called) emulator is able to run the Donkey Kong's at full speed!