What are you playing?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Artwork by Satoshi Urushihara. Also did the character designs for the Langrisser games. Amazing stuff.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

Finished the Shadow Temple in OoT 3D, didn't get to play Wind Waker. My wife wanted to play some Yoshi Wooly World.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Spent the evening with the NioH Beta Demo. Seems excellent so far.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Exhuminator wrote:Elkin if you haven't played this yet:

You oughta.

I haven't, but I'm going to start looking for a copy.
Patron Saint of Bitch Mode
Octopod
Next-Gen

Post by Octopod »

I'm revisiting Dragon's Crown. I love absolutely everything about this game, it is just beautiful and really fun to play. Hell, I bought my PS3 when this game came out just so I could play it. I know Vanillaware doesn't do sequels but I keep hoping for more of the same with this game.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

I think I'm stuck in Hotel Dusk. I think I know what I need to do next, but anything I do results in Game Over. Guess I'm gonna have to Wiki it. I didn't really want to, but I don't have time to dick around with it.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Stark wrote:I think I'm stuck in Hotel Dusk. I think I know what I need to do next, but anything I do results in Game Over. Guess I'm gonna have to Wiki it. I didn't really want to, but I don't have time to dick around with it.

Exhuminator loves it, but I actually thought that Hotel Dusk was a pretty poor adventure game. :? This is especially true once I considered the game's timeline and thought about how weird it would be to have some random person in a hotel knocking on my door every few minutes, not to mention how unlikely I would be to open up to this person I had known for only a few hours regarding my deepest fears and secrets. (Basically, I put myself in the position of everyone else in the hotel, and I am pretty sure each one of them would tell the protagonist to bug off pretty early in the game's narrative.)

That said, I did like the art direction, and I do want to play the sequel someday.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:how weird it would be to have some random person in a hotel knocking on my door every few minutes,

To be fair, the premise of many an adventure game would seem suspect if applied to actual real life.

I think you'd enjoy Last Window more. It streamlines some things I remember you saying bothered you about Hotel Dusk.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Snatch1414
Next-Gen

Post by Snatch1414 »

Stark wrote:I think I'm stuck in Hotel Dusk. I think I know what I need to do next, but anything I do results in Game Over. Guess I'm gonna have to Wiki it. I didn't really want to, but I don't have time to dick around with it.

There was one part I ended up using a guide. Not to excuse my inability to figure it out, but it was definitely one of those illogical relics from point and click games of the '90s. When I figured out what to do I had no shame because it made roughly zero sense.
Subscribe to the Snatch Gaming podcast on iTunes!
SnatchGaming.com
Twitter: @SnatchGames
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Exhuminator wrote:To be fair, the premise of many an adventure game would seem suspect if applied to actual real life.

True. The quasi-realistic presentation made it stand out more, I guess.