CoD/Battlefield discussion thread

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Re: CoD/Battlefield discussion thread

Post by TEKTORO »

Popped in COD Ghost last night on 360 and introduced the wife to squads, we played nazi zombies in the past but this is her first taste of emulated online TDM. We had a blast and probably gonna have this going for a bit.

Confused on Black Ops III for 360, I want it but would like to know will it have local split screen MP similar to squads as I'm not likely to spend money on gold to play online and I know the nazi zombies should be local. Also saw they are including the original Black Ops, is this the full version or a gimp MP version as well?

One last question I suppose, probably looking to invest in many map packs across all CODs primarily looking to know which ones have extra content for local split screen not interested in online only content anyone have a breakdown? (All besides COD 2,3 & 4MW)
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

Advance Warfare has split screen co-op in the form of wave based fire fights. I got the 360 top of the line version which came with the season pass for $50. About 30 multiplayer maps total and added exo-zombies in one of those map pack DLCs.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

So Black Ops 3 was released yesterday. And the 7th gen console versions are horrendous. The graphical quality is far lower than BO1, it's at 30 FPS, and from what I gathered it has no split screen support. No word on system link. On top of the known cut content (no campaign or DLC support), I will not be getting this game, at least at this price point. In retrospect, I purchased the less superior version of BO2 on the Wii U for $13 new. Only thing missing was DLC support.

Yesterday, my copy of Advanced Warfare came in for the 360. Fired it up today and downloaded all of the map packs, compatability packs, and install disc. Over 10GB of hard drive space. The graphical quality is pretty good despite running on older hardware. Some texture streaming, odd lighting, missing particle effects, and lower quality textures but all of the game is present! It has two player split screen, offline co-op, bots, and system link support (doesn't say on the box).
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Haven't cared since MW2, so I checked out the beta for this back when it was running and had a blast. Been craving a good shooter on consoles for awhile again. I'll probably get it if I can.
Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

The PS4 version of BO3 looks and feels a bit more colorful and arcadier than previous installments. I don't remember if it's more common to the Treyarch games, but the TTK seems a tad bit higher and the hit boxes feel like they're a bit more generous.

It took me a bit to unlearn exo-boosting while trying to get back into Unadvanced Warfare and titan-less Titanfall mode.

I also find that I'm wanting supply drops back. They kept me addicted to cracking skulls on a regular basis to find those elusive weapon variants. (Then again, so does every game with a random loot system.)

Heard the campaign sucks, but the online stuff seems relatively fresh. Nothing ground-breaking, but it's pretty solid.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GmQWyh-2Fs

Their decision to visit WWI is to be lauded. Genuinely excited for a BF sequel again.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

That and CoD going to space, it's nice to see them at opposite extreme ends now. The modern warfare phase finally dried up. lol
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Pulsar_t wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GmQWyh-2Fs

Their decision to visit WWI is to be lauded. Genuinely excited for a BF sequel again.

I feel the same way, I loved BC2 to death, enjoyed 3 and got bored of 4 very fast. Can not wait to get into the beta and see how BF5 handles.