firmware and bricked wii's

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
brickiemart
24-bit

Re: firmware and bricked wii's

Post by brickiemart »

Understandable, but by risk I meant more like odds. I looked around for horror stories before hacking my Wii and found a large amount of questions like yours, but no direct testimonials that the Twilight hack bricked their console. Most knowledgeable people said, "Know what you're doing (aka follow a good how-to guide) and you'll be fine. Also avoid warez and other strangeness". So while I have no real research data to offer I do believe that the odds of you killing your console are low, but remotely present because any mod runs that risk. Thus the risk is do I gamble on the low odds of a console brick in order to gain the benefits of the mod?

Edit: One more quick thing. This is the thought I had that finally made me decide to go through with it. The 3.4 update has been out for several months now. If the updated 3.4 hack ran even a moderate risk of destroying the console don't you think those who lost their consoles would have a created an on-line uproar about it? Btw, I meant that rhetorically. ;)
Niode
Next-Gen

Re: firmware and bricked wii's

Post by Niode »

I ran the new SoftMii hack package and successfully downgraded my Wii to 3.2E with the latest CIOS version. I can now load backups natively from the Disc Channel.

Get it from here. The instructions aren't in perfect English but it's pretty straight forward.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys