How is your PSOne/PS1 gaming going?

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: How is your PSOne/PS1 gaming going?

Post by Exhuminator »

flash1987 wrote:Vagrant Story. Amazing

My favorite PS1 JRPG! You're in for a fantastic time. Disregard the wtf-outta-nowhere block puzzles that show up in the late game. They don't last long and things pick back up with gusto right after. Glad you're playing this underrated masterpiece.

-

I've been on a PS1 kick myself lately. Most recently I finished (and reviewed) MechWarrior 2 for PS1. I put some time into Krazy Ivan, Iron Soldier 3, and Space Griffon VF-9. All three are mech games... but not of highly quality. Pretty much junk that aged horribly. Iron Soldier 3 at least lets you walk around as a huge robot with a chainsaw the size of a skyscraper. Space Griffon has a huge amount of quality voice acting, but its actual game design was just trash.

Right now I'm playing through King's Field III and having a wonderful time. Planning on hitting up Grandia after that. I might even get in some Omega Boost and Colony Wars along the way.

I got mad love for the PS1 homies.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

For .50 cents each I got these games for the ps1 there not amazing but whatever. Tony hawk 1, dukes of hazard, asteroids (which I want to get all the arcade reboots like galaga, missle command etc) and mk3 disc only for mk3 but every thing else was complete.
The cool thing is that the ps version is so much better than the snes version I was playing and some of us were talking about the mk series on the snes thread.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

A list of most of the PS1 titles i'll be selling the SoCal Gaming Expo this coming weekend.

PS1 Sealed:
Castlevania SoTN
KOF 99
Mega Man 8 GH
Mega Man X4 GH
Mega Man X5
MK4 GH
Super Puzzle Fighter
Tekken 3 GH

PS1 Preowned CIB:
Herc's Adventure
SF Alpha 2
Dead or Alive
Gekido
Sano
Next-Gen

Post by Sano »

I only have a few original Playstation games.

Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout
Dragon Ball Ultimate Battle 22
Final Fantasy 7 & 9
Castlevania: SOTN

Don't really play them much... more of a just wanted them in my collection. :mrgreen:
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

I traded in 4 extra systems to get credit at my store and since they know I'm a ps1 guy the handed me 3 boxes of ps1 games to look thru. I ended up with getting these games all complete except for Jackie chan witch is missing the manual. So
Jackie chan stunt master
Vigilante 8
Die hard trilogy
Point blank 3
Time crisis project Titan
Arcade party pak
Namco museum vol1
Midway arcade vol 2
Missle command
Space invaders
Q Bert
Tempest x
Next Tetris
Twisted metal 4
Tiny tank
Xmen mutant academy
All star slamming d ball
Wcw vs the world
Road rash 3D
San Francisco rush
Dukes of hazard 2
Spider-Man
Nothing rare or hard to find but that's what today is for. Will be getting rid of a couple more things to get these games
Pocket fighter
Mega man x4
Mega man x6
Mortal kombat 4
Also if I have enough I'm getting me silouthette mirage and hercs adventure.
Was going to get some rare expensive Saturn titles but I own every game that they have on sale for about 100.00 a piece and for me Id prefer to buy mega man x4 for 15.00 on the ps1 than the Saturn version for a 100.00.
Although the do have house of the dead complete
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

I know a lot of people around here don't like emulation, but I want to show you folks something I like about ePSXe (common PS1 emulator).

This is what a coin in King's Field III looks like using normal PS1 resolution with no enhancement:

This is the same coin using texture sharpening and resolution upscaling:

You can clearly see much more detail on the coin using emulation enhancements. It is not uncommon for me to see all sorts of new detail in textures using ePSXe, that I never noticed before on the real hardware.

Just something to think about.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

teh moar u kno

doot dooot doooooooo
swiftzx
Next-Gen

Post by swiftzx »

So I was looking at my disappointing PS1 collection and decided to order Disruptor and Sled Storm. Does anyone have any experience playing either of these games? They looked really fun and were cheap so it isn't too much of a loss if I don't enjoy them.
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Sled storm is a fun racer
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Been putting some time on MK Trilogy, MSH and Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting via SF Collection 2. It's my favorite version to play SF2 games.