Racket's Atari 2600 Haul

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

Re: Racket's Atari 2600 Haul

Post by gtmtnbiker »

racketboy wrote:
Czernobog wrote:The laminate flooring makes a great backdrop for the Woody now that you mention it!

Actually, its real hardwood in my 1962 house....

The small gaps between the floor boards is the one clue that it's not laminate flooring. It's also an indication that the humidity is low (wood shrinks slightly).

I love hardwood floors. Have them through the entire house except for the kitchen which has wood laminate flooring (stopgap solution) over vinyl flooring. The previous owners had white carpet in the kitchen which I took up. Why would anyone put carpet in the kitchen? What are you an idiot?
Czernobog
Next-Gen

Post by Czernobog »

gtmtnbiker wrote:
racketboy wrote:
Czernobog wrote:The laminate flooring makes a great backdrop for the Woody now that you mention it!

Actually, its real hardwood in my 1962 house....

The small gaps between the floor boards is the one clue that it's not laminate flooring. It's also an indication that the humidity is low (wood shrinks slightly).

I love hardwood floors. Have them through the entire house except for the kitchen which has wood laminate flooring (stopgap solution) over vinyl flooring. The previous owners had white carpet in the kitchen which I took up. Why would anyone put carpet in the kitchen? What are you an idiot?

:lol: I would be so confused if I walked into a kitchen with white carpeting.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

gtmtnbiker wrote:I love hardwood floors. Have them through the entire house except for the kitchen which has wood laminate flooring (stopgap solution) over vinyl flooring. The previous owners had white carpet in the kitchen which I took up. Why would anyone put carpet in the kitchen? What are you an idiot?
Screw carpet. Hardwood is where it's at.

Wow. This has nothing to do with Atari but whatever. :)
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

gtmtnbiker wrote:The previous owners had white carpet in the kitchen which I took up. Why would anyone put carpet in the kitchen? What are you an idiot?

Wow, carpet is bad enough, but white? Was it calico by the time you moved in?
Retrozoa
64-bit

Post by Retrozoa »

Nice looking System Racketboy. I have one ofthose and one of the 4-switch "vader" systems myself. It's a great system for bite-sized sessions.

Also, I live near 2 places that have huge collections of Atari games for sale, and I have a decent collection myself, so if there's a particular one you're looking for let me know.
Current systems: Atari 2600[x2], NES(top loader), SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation, PS2, PS2 slim, xbox, xbox 360, Turbografx-16, Game Boy Pocket, Game boy SP[x2], Nintendo DS[x2], Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS, Game Gear, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Wonderswan Color, Neo Geo MVS.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

You need a second set of paddles for proper warlords gameplay.