PS2 Special Edition Games List Guide

Guides to jumpstart your Retrogaming lifestyle
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Re: PS2 Special Edition Games List Guide

Post by Hobie-wan »

Rurouni_Fencer wrote:That's how I wish all places would go about it - but you know Gamestop and they're pre-order hard-ons... This would also explain the overabundance of samplers available online, (which eBay sellers seem to mistake for being rare and 'HTF, OMG!')

I imagine it is a combination of people that only listen to radio fodder and people that ripped it to their hard drive and then immediately turned around to sell it for 'phat monies' as opposed to collectors and people that actually might want to listen to it.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Hobie-wan wrote:
Rurouni_Fencer wrote:
Hobie-wan wrote:Early copies of Castlevania Lament of Innocence came with that partial soundtrack disc.
The extra CD was a separate sampler given out if you pre-ordered the game. It came in a sealed sleeve, but not actually inside the game case itself. Konami also did this with Curse of Darkness. Again, it was only given out to those that pre-ordered Curse of Darkness.
I don't have one, but at Fry's here they just had the disc stuck in the security case with the game on the first copies they had for sale. I imagine Gamestop and places like that handed it out for preorder people.
Okay, updated the OP. Since the sampler CDs were not sealed with the game, I posted them as a "Preorder Bonus Soundtrack CD". These two games are probably very hard to find with that included bonus audio CD sampler.

Castlevania Lament of Innocence (Preorder Bonus Soundtrack CD)
Castlevania Curse of Darkness (Preorder Bonus Soundtrack CD)

Please keep adding suggestions, OP list is for any PS2 Collector.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

darth_blunted
24-bit

Post by darth_blunted »

I have the GTA:SA 2004 version.... I would like to point out the only way to access the "hot coffee" scenes is to have action replay for the ps2. Here's a link to the codes

http://www.playstationalley.com/ps2/GrandTheftASAHC.php

I wouldn't consider this to be "extra" content it's more on the line of removed content.

I bought my copy at my local E.B Games used for $44.99. It was before the games got pulled, before I heard of the "Hot Coffee" removed mini game. Later on my Son actually broke this disc and I found it at gamestop (formerly e.b. games) as a disc only for $3.99 so I snatched it up & then told the guy that this copy should not have been sold to me because it was supposed to be pulled from the shelves. He had the balls to try to take it out of my hand after I already paid for it!!!!

There is nothing special about this copy of GTA:SA except it has the adult scenes still in the game, but only able to view them from a cheat device. I would go with that collectors edition it actually has added content.
zerexerez
16-bit

Post by zerexerez »

The first four .hack PS2 games came with .hack//Liminality anime dvd.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

darth_blunted wrote:I have the GTA:SA 2004 version.... I would like to point out the only way to access the "hot coffee" scenes is to have action replay for the ps2. Here's a link to the codes

I wouldn't consider this to be "extra" content it's more on the line of removed content.

I bought my copy at my local E.B Games used for $44.99. It was before the games got pulled, before I heard of the "Hot Coffee" removed mini game. Later on my Son actually broke this disc and I found it at gamestop (formerly e.b. games) as a disc only for $3.99 so I snatched it up & then told the guy that this copy should not have been sold to me because it was supposed to be pulled from the shelves. He had the balls to try to take it out of my hand after I already paid for it!!!!

There is nothing special about this copy of GTA:SA except it has the adult scenes still in the game, but only able to view them from a cheat device. I would go with that collectors edition it actually has added content.
Great story! Once in a while I see a 2004 version appear on the shelf. Not sure if the Gamestop computer catches GTA Andreas 2004 Coffee on the Returns, seems a lot of employees are not aware of it.

Added your quote with the coffee fix to the GTA thread on page five.
Updated: Grand Theft Auto San Andreas 2004 Release (Hot Coffee Level)

zerexerez wrote:The first four .hack PS2 games came with .hack//Liminality anime dvd.
Thanks! I added these four:
.hack//Infection (2nd Disc DVD)
.hack//Mutation (2nd Disc DVD)
.hack//Outbreak (2nd Disc DVD)
.hack//Quarintine (2nd Disc DVD)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.hack_(video_game_series)

Look for the bonus blue DVD icon on the front cover.

Last edited by CRTGAMER on Tue May 24, 2011 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

darth_blunted
24-bit

Post by darth_blunted »

CRTGAMER wrote:
darth_blunted wrote:I have the GTA:SA 2004 version.... I would like to point out the only way to access the "hot coffee" scenes is to have action replay for the ps2. Here's a link to the codes

Great story! Once in a while I see a 2004 version appear on the shelf. Not sure if the Gamestop computer catches GTA Andreas 2004 Coffee on the Returns, seems a lot of employees are not aware of it.

Added your quote with the coffee fix to the GTA thread on page five.
Updated: Grand Theft Auto San Andreas 2004 Release (Hot Coffee Level)

zerexerez wrote:The first four .hack PS2 games came with .hack//Liminality anime dvd.
Thanks! I added these three:
.hack//Infection (2nd Disc DVD)
.hack//Mutation (2nd Disc DVD)
.hack//Outbreak (2nd Disc DVD)
.hack//Quarintine (2nd Disc DVD)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.hack_(video_game_series)

Look for the bonus blue DVD icon on the front cover.

Thanks for the kind words! :lol: I will be glad to help where ever I can!!!!!!
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

irixith wrote:http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=412554#p412554

Twisted Metal Black GH adds an extra disc for online not present in the original version.
Thanks to irixith, added to the OP:

Twisted Metal Black Greatest Hits Initial Release (2 game discs)

Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

In the Hitman Trilogy on PS2, the Blood Money case contains a "Sneak Preview" disc that has video and screenshots of the game Kane & Lynch.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Opa Opa wrote:In the Hitman Trilogy on PS2, the Blood Money case contains a "Sneak Preview" disc that has video and screenshots of the game Kane & Lynch.
Thanks! Added to the OP. Does it run in a regular DVD Player?

Hitman Trilogy (Extra Disc DVD)

Also still looking for an answer on the yellow and dark blue generic covers. Anyone know what store these came from?

1. Yellow (Twisted Metal) = Not positive, I believe its an old EB Games cover. The Yellow seems to hint Blockbuster. The Blockbuster Rental covers had the store logo though. Considering the title, maybe a real old one?

2. Green (Katamari Damacy) = Gamestop and EB Games.

3. Blue (Kim Possible) = Newest Gamestop Cover after EB Games consolidated.

The newest Gamestop Generic Cover color codes:
Blue = PS2
Green = XBox
Purple = Gamecube
Red = PS3
White = Wii
Attachment:

4. Blue (Sky Odyssey) = Not Positive, I believe it is an old Game Crazy cover. The rentals had a custom Hollywood Video cover, Original game pic in the front and custom instructions in blue on the back. Another old game title.

Still need an absolute confirm on the Yellow and Second Blue Pre-Played covers. Almost positive it is not Play N Trade, none located here.

Of note both of the Mystery covers have a POPS2 code, must be from the same location.
Yellow Twisted Metal PS2 - 224372-3
Blue Sky Odyssey PS2 - 189827-9

If anyone knows of the other two covers pleas post your answer.

Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

CRTGAMER wrote:Thanks! Added to the OP. Does it run in a regular DVD Player?

I tried it on a regular DVD player and my PC and no dice. It appears to be a PS2-only disc.