Problem with Painkiller:Black Edition

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
OldSchool_Boy
Next-Gen

Problem with Painkiller:Black Edition

Post by OldSchool_Boy »

Can anybody help me out on an issue I'm currently having with Painkiller:Black Edition?

Every time I start up the story and spawn on the cemetery level, I can't move. It's strange because I started a LAN game and I was moving around with no problem. Anybody have any suggestions? I tried asking in the Painkiller forums and I have turned off Repeated Keys feature that someone mentioned could of been the problem but no luck.

*Hobie-wan suggested that it was problem of being stuck in the map but I couldn't find the noclip command and I really have no other clue as to what it can be
final fight cd wrote:moral of story: when in a shady part of town, don't ask random thugs where the sega is at.
J T
Next-Gen

Re: Problem with Painkiller:Black Edition

Post by J T »

Can you move your head but not your body?

Do you have anything plugged into a USB that might confuse the keyboard inputs with the USB device?

Are your keyboard bindings different for a 1 player game than they are for LAN?
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
OldSchool_Boy
Next-Gen

Post by OldSchool_Boy »

Thanks for the reply. I'm using a USB Keyboard and I can move the mouse but I just can't move using wasd. For the controls, there doesn't seem to be a difference between Multiplayer and Single player. I could type console commands and every other non-movement key works such as the flashlight and pause but not wasd or any other configuration for moving.
final fight cd wrote:moral of story: when in a shady part of town, don't ask random thugs where the sega is at.
KDub
Next-Gen

Post by KDub »

Sounds like when you spawn there you're clipping something and getting stuck. See if you can cheat your way off the spot and then turn the cheat off and try moving again.
OldSchool_Boy
Next-Gen

Post by OldSchool_Boy »

KDub wrote:Sounds like when you spawn there you're clipping something and getting stuck. See if you can cheat your way off the spot and then turn the cheat off and try moving again.

I cannot find the noclip command
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Is there an update patch for the game perhaps that fixes if this was a known issue?