Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
optmusprimenumber
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

Post by optmusprimenumber »

Which would you guys say is the better version, Dreamcast Rez or PS2 Rez? I've played neither but I'm somewhat interested in getting it.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

optmusprimenumber wrote:Which would you guys say is the better version, Dreamcast Rez or PS2 Rez? I've played neither but I'm somewhat interested in getting it.
I like the Dreamcast version better, the Mad Katz pura pack really beats to the music while strobing the red light. Someday I'll find the PS2 trance pak.
The PS2 looks very slightly cleaner with the convenience of a hard drive install, but the import only Dreamcast version wins due to the matched solid beat in the controller. Really, the controller is kicking hard almost falling out of the hands in perfect harmony with the music! PS2 barely vibrates a whimper by comparison.

The best puru er force pack pak, beats and strobes to the music. :mrgreen:

Then there is the Dreamcast K-Project beta with different music. 8)

Waiting for someone to chime in the four controller vibration hookup on the XBox version.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

optmusprimenumber wrote:Which would you guys say is the better version, Dreamcast Rez or PS2 Rez? I've played neither but I'm somewhat interested in getting it.

Of course you can play it on Qubed (or buy from live) for 360 and play in HD as well.
optmusprimenumber
Next-Gen

^ Thanks for the intel guys :)

This just in! Rogue Ops for XBox 8 bucks shipped from Ebay. I've seen this game kicking around stores, and being a huge stealth fan I almost bought it a few times, but it always looked kind of corny. But I've been researching the genre somewhat heavily recently and it turns out Rogue Ops scored pretty well (Sam Fisher with boobs? Sounds cool to me). Well enough to buy it brand new, oh yea it's brand new 8) , and try it out.

Apparently I can use the XBox live headset and with VOICE COMMAND select weapons. I might have to try that out. There's some brand new head sets that according to the seller came w/ XBoxes back when and they're only goin for 5 beans shipped.

I might have to pick up Manhunt on the XBox and try that game again, I've read that you can use head sets w/ that game too to distract enemies and stuff... but don't cough or sneeze, cuz they're trying to kill you! Could make that game a bit more interesting.

...I need a bigger DVD rack now...
coastercrazy10
64-bit

Post by coastercrazy10 »

More of a heads up than anything, but I picked up two sony-brand PS2 memory cards off amazon for less than $10 shipped the other day. Here's a link for anybody who needs some inexpensive official PS2 memory cards:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006F2EP

(I finally ran out of room on mine lol. I don't like deleting game data so I buckled and bought some more...)

-Ben
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

I would go with the Dreamcast version simply because it has 480p in VGA mode.

Can't beat that...

Same thing with for instance Space Channel 5 on PS2 and Dreamcast.

The Dreamcast version of SS5 beats the PS2 version hands down in the graphics department.

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
optmusprimenumber
Next-Gen

elmagicochrisg wrote:I would go with the Dreamcast version simply because it has 480p in VGA mode.

Can't beat that...

More good info! Thanks

...Just got back from GameXChange... I decided to take a trip after not believing some Ebay prices... got this stuff

IGN had a very compelling review so I decided to try this game again. Plus the whole head set thing I was talking about before up a couple posts. It's complete

Micro Machines is going in my Freebie section over at my FS Thread and Samurai Shodown 2 will be going in the Merch section. Metroid II is mine :D I gotta see if some of that smoke stain lookin crap will come off. Also, I'm swapping the back of the shell w/ the Micro Machines one because the Metroid II one is not only dirty but there's a little chip off the plastic... hence Micro Machines being a Freebie... but ay, it's [gonna be] free :mrgreen:
elabit
24-bit

Post by elabit »

Bought out a fellow turbo collector locally who was really cool

this also came in the mail