Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

Post by CRTGAMER »

2002 Fifa World Cup Gamecube - Gamestop $2.69
I already bought a PS2 Fifa 2002 Arcade Stick. <Where's retrosportsgamer> The game is only a few bucks, gives me a chance to see what all the excitement on the World Cup is about. I have not played a soccer game on a console since 2600 Pele Soccer, about time to hit the field again. I tried the PS2 Fifa Arcade stick with a Gamecube adapter, but the analog mode does not work. Maybe the stick will work on the PS2 version of Fifa World Cup? Still, its nice getting the Gamecube version with the intact Official 2002 World Cup Hologram sticker. Oh yeah this game is good, love all the crowd chants in the background.

What is it with Soccer er Football fans? Lose a game, tip a car, win a game, tip a car. :lol:

2002 Fifa World Cup Gamecube.jpg
2002 Fifa World Cup Gamecube.jpg (141.19 KiB) Viewed 2680 times
Okay after getting the blood boiling from losing a football game, what to do to calm the nerves from destroying the parking lot? Oh just go out and kill somebody, not literally but in yet another game. :D

Manhunt Psycho Pack

Manhunt - Amazon $14.98 Shipped

Yeah I know not a great price, but I really wanted a CIB and not a Greatest Hits. I usually prefer Greatest Hits for sometimes extra content inside. The Rockstar games have a history of Mature content removed on repressings of their games. The Hot Coffee in San Andreas and Manhunt 2 screen blur censorship for example. I'm not sure if the Greatest hits version of Manhunt also met the same censor axe, the reason for getting the original black label. Ever notice the Rockstar Icon, looks like an R rating badge? :?

I really want Manhunt 2 in the uncensored version. Action Replay removes the blur filtration during the kills, but some scenes are removed in the official released version. I hit every Gamestop with a printout of stores listing availability. Fumbling thru all the yellow envelopes, could only find the white censored PS2 game discs. PC owners get the uncensored version as a silly download, a shame the PS2 release got 'slashed". :evil:

http://kotaku.com/5394298/ao+rated-manhunt-2-is-available-next-week

Note the Black RP disc, unlike the white disc with green edges. Is this official? :?:

Or this cover? Rumors about Adult Only rated PS2 PAL copies slipped out in Europe.

Wiki wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhunt_2#Uncensoring

Uncensoring
A method that removed the game's censoring code of the M rated PSP and PS2 version thus restoring parts of the AO state was released by a group of PSP crackers. ESRB commented on this crack stating that it was not Rockstar's fault that this occurred and stuck with the M rating. Later, it was discovered the same method also works on the Wii version of the game.

In September 2007, an uncensored PAL PS2 copy of the game was leaked onto the internet by an employee of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, who was later fired.

In 2009, a fully uncensored version carrying an AO rating was officially released for PC download from Direct2Drive. However, the game was later removed from the service after Direct2Drive was acquired by Gamefly, due to Gamefly's policy of not carrying AO-rated games

For now, I have the PS2 Action Replay codes, thrill killers have fun! See link for a PSP unlock.
My Digital Life wrote: http://www.mydigitallife.info/unlock-ma ... tion-hack/

Hackers from Russia has managed to reveal a hack to modify the game code that uncensors and unlocks the PSP version of Manhunt 2 ‘hidden and protected’ game content, and view the originally locked and censored violent graphical details ‘uncensored’ during the game play. The crack code allows the blurs, hues and discolorations of the death sequences to be removed. Thus users effectively play the fully uncensored uncut Manhunt 2 and get the full ‘Adult Only’ rated version of the game with complete killing scenes details, except a few gore scene cuts, such as shovel decapitations, player castrates an enemy with pliers and cutting head off and lesser blood particles.

Gamers with Manhunt 2 for Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) which has Action Replay (AR) or ActionReplay MAX (ARmax) installed will have easier life, as now it’s possible to unlock, uncut and uncensor the Manhunt 2 without any modification to the initialization files. Simply use the GameBreaker cheat codes below to load into ActionReplay. Unfortunately it won’t work on PS3 running in PS2 mode.

Master Codes (M)
BEJN-K57U-5GVXW
YUC1-E0FJ-P4N2D

Kill Censorship Codes
EZYR-0P9Q-D0104

Super Censored Kills
3K0Z-BUZX-N27FA
WZQG-ERXF-CWY6Z
N4WM-KGT2-HQ2TD
3D7F-UUU7-AMA5Y

Directors Cut Kills
DFQN-CHKV-2U4YV
ERZU-PFXF-GEVFV
2QZW-R8CU-G6CEK
CMAC-VBPP-07K04

Clear Cam Directors Cut Kills
BG9E-YXGY-E5Z3C
BKVD-VUDF-194T6
ERZU-PFXF-GEVFV
2QZW-R8CU-G6CEK
CMAC-VBPP-07K04

Fully Nonfiltered Gore Mode
C4YM-Y58R-VEFZ5
AD88-9B7Z-DZNYW
F2YC-1RXV-YVZE5
BKVD-VUDF-194T6
ERZU-PFXF-GEVFV
2QZW-R8CU-G6CEK
CMAC-VBPP-07K04

The raw HEX address form as below converted from encryption code for ARmax above.

Master Code (M)
0xF03B959C 003B959F

Kill Censorship Codes
Convert Failed

Super Censored Kills
0x205BCBF0 00000000
0x205BCBF4 00000000
0x205BCBF8 00000000

Director’s Cut Kills
0x205BCBF0 42C80000
0x205BCBF4 42C80000
0x205BCBF8 42C80000

Clear Camera and Director’s Cut Kills
0x005B2068 00000000
0x205BCBF0 42C80000
0x205BCBF4 42C80000
0x205BCBF8 42C80000

No Filters and Complete Gore Mode
0x205BCBE0 00000000
0x205BCBE4 00000000
0x005B2068 00000000
0x205BCBF0 42C80000
0x205BCBF4 42C80000
0x205BCBF8 42C80000

There is also a PPF patcher for Manhunt 2 NTSC ISO using PPF O Matic 3.0 which removes the blur and filter on the images in game and corrects that short fades to black on screen on killing enemy moments.

Logitech Headset 97078 - Swap Meet 0.50¢
"Any cable in the box fifty cents!" Okay why not? I didn't buy this for Frag Arena games but a great undocumented feature for both Manhunt and Manhunt 2. I can hear my assistant in the game barking directions right into my ear. A very nice feature is that I can also yell out to catch the attention of a guard while waiting in the shadows to attack. :shock:

Logitech Rockband Microphone E-UR20 - Bookoff $5.00
I really wanted a more sensitive microphone for Manhunt. Confirmed the Rockband mike works in a PC which recognized it as a Logitech. Unfortunately only the Headset works with Manhunt, but even with the mike volume turned all the way up not enough for what I want to try. The mod in me wants to splice the Rockband microphone speaker into the headset box, bypassing the USB connection.

I want a microphone sensitive enough to make me hold my breath when sneaking pass a guard. :idea:

Manhunt Psycho Pack - Logitech Headset 97078 - Logitech Rockband Microphone E-UR20.jpg
Manhunt Psycho Pack - Logitech Headset 97078 - Logitech Rockband Microphone E-UR20.jpg (255.92 KiB) Viewed 2680 times

Manhunt 2 - Version Differences - Forum
http://www.projectmanhunt.com/manhunt2/ ... rences.php
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Fri May 04, 2012 5:05 pm, edited 6 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

CRTGAMER wrote:Note the Black RP disc, unlike the white disc with green edges. Is this official? :?:

No it isn't. Mixed crappy quality images thrown together, plus a super duper low res RP logo which would only ever appear in an ad before a game is released. 'Copying' misspelled as 'copyng' both on the outer circle above the 't' in the Manhunt logo and in the block of text on the right. There's no hole in the middle. Oh, and that 'Cover by J4 Games' appears at the end of the circle text letting everyone know who put this monstrosity together.

This is a (bad) custom cover for pirates to print and stick on their burned discs. :roll:
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Hobie-wan wrote:Oh, and that 'Cover by J4 Games' appears at the end of the circle text letting everyone know who put this monstrosity together.

:lol: Good eye! I own the originals, might give that PPF patch a shot to create an AO version to install in a PS2 Fat. The real find would be to get that PAL version with the extra features that was removed in the official release.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

sgt.flanders
16-bit

Post by sgt.flanders »

Found my first good deal at Goodwill the other day. Got KOTOR on the Xbox for only $2. I've been there several times, but they usually only have a couple PS1 games of little interest.

Don't pay the ferryman.
Cody_D165
24-bit

Post by Cody_D165 »

Went yard salin' again today and found something quite nice!

NES with 22 games, hookups, and two controllers for $10. Console's missing the door but oh well. 19 of these games I didn't have. A lot are sports, but glad to finally add MTPO, Metal Gear, Excitebike and more to my collection.
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who loves the Nintendo e-Reader.

I'm learning to make chiptune music in my spare time :P Check out my Soundcloud!
http://soundcloud.com/eight-badges
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

Post by GameMasterGuy »

Onyxthecat wrote:Meh for $1.13 I don't care.

I was talking more about the version differences, but the only one Blue has with no White equivalent is an extra boss. GS selling White for more is just the icing on the cake.
Is that a 3DS XL in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? ~ZeroAX
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

^ That's a nice haul for Mike Tyson and the gold Adventures of Link alone (there's $15-$20). Cool set and always nice when you can grab 19 unique NES games.
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Post by Hazerd »

Went to some Garage sales today, found a N64 with expansion pak for 5$, then sold it to a local shop for $11, other than that i didnt find jack, where i live people dont have any good electronics...
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Hazerd wrote:Went to some Garage sales today, found a N64 with expansion pak for 5$, then sold it to a local shop for $11, other than that i didnt find jack, where i live people dont have any good electronics...

I hear that. Around here it's like pulling teeth to find something nice. And when you do manage to find something, 9 times out of 10, the people who're selling it think they've got gold. Our craigslist around here can just be painful to go through:

"Old slightly worn NES. Missing adapter - $100 FIRM"

*Picture shows a mangled NES with frayed controller cord*

Screw you, dude :?
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

Hazerd wrote:Went to some Garage sales today, found a N64 with expansion pak for 5$, then sold it to a local shop for $11, other than that i didnt find jack, where i live people dont have any good electronics...

I never find expansion paks in the wild. Closest I ever came was once I found a stall in an antique mall that was selling a jumper pak for $4.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.