Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by brunoafh Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:35 pm

noiseredux wrote:First, at Best Buy I found this in the Clearance sections: Little Big Planet GOTY Edition with Dual Shock 3 for $25!!! Amazing considering LBP retails for $30 alone, nevermind the $55 that DS3's usually go for!

and then later at GameStop happened to notice this still new MadCatz SF4 arcade stick snug away hiding way up high on an overstock shelf. Inquired how much it was and was amazed to find out that it had been collecting dust for so long that it had dropped down to $35!

Damn, definitely great finds. Enjoy.
Czernobog
Next-Gen

by Czernobog Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:36 pm

noiseredux wrote:Two awesome bargain finds today!!

Man, I'm jealous of that arcade stick. I need to either get one of those or a six-button arcade pad at some point. I feel like I could get a lot more enjoyment out of Street Fighter IV if I wasn't playing it with a PS controller. Awesome finds.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:39 pm

Czernobog wrote:
noiseredux wrote:Two awesome bargain finds today!!

Man, I'm jealous of that arcade stick. I need to either get one of those or a six-button arcade pad at some point. I feel like I could get a lot more enjoyment out of Street Fighter IV if I wasn't playing it with a PS controller. Awesome finds.

yeah I have the Chun-Li fightpad "in the mail" too :)
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Sun May 01, 2011 3:02 am

Another 3 from the B2G2F last week.

Both PS2 games are HDAdvance compatible! :mrgreen:

PS2 Hypersonic Xtreme - $0.99 :shock:
http://www.gamestop.com/ps2/games/hsx-hyper-sonic-extreme-used/29783
This is cheaper then a Thrift store and its not even a Madden game! Even more shocking is a 99¢ game complete with original case, cover insert and manual. Another complete game that I picked up at the HUGE San Jose Gamestop posted on Page 662. That store is amazing, even 99¢ games are complete in the original case!

San Jose Gamestop across the street from the Oakridge Mall.
SIX baskets mostly full of COMPLETE used PS2 games, ready for the picking!
If anyone happens to go here, please post pics of the entire inside of this huge store.

The disc was badly scratched, could not polish the deep swirl scratches out. I went to three Gamestops, all disc in yellow envelope only with scratches. A sign of a good well played game. I relented at the third Gamestop and bought another scratched copy. I used some Plastic Polish, this time managed to remove all the scratches. Disc installed and played beautiful, glad I picked up the complete though badly scratched first one in San Jose.

Of note, the first scratched disc still ran fine in the PS2. Only at the hard drive install, it error locked at 44% on both my PS2s. This is another advantage of HDAdvance direct installs, checking for errors on all sectors. The game may have locked up on a later level.

Hyper Sonic Xtreme is a great, dare I say it is even better then Wipeout! I love going into First Person View, you really get a sense of speed with the immediate turning response. The track just flys right under you. Hey, I just made up a new acronym - FPV! A neat affect the way the raindrops run off the windshield. GET this game!

The purple scribble on the disc is not a kids writing, it is part of the game art.
Gamestop Haul 04-20-2011g.jpg

GBA Chu Chu Rocket - $3.99
http://www.gamestop.com/gba/games/chu-chu-rocket-used/16317
I have this on the Dreamcast and shamefully admit, I can't get the arrows placed fast enough in this Pipe Dream clone. Now that I have the GBA version, maybe the smaller more intimate screen might help? Bah still a pain, I'll have to keep trying later after going thru all the B2G2F stuff.

Say, where can I just buy more time in the day! :lol:

GBA Spyro Dragon Eternal Nights - $9.99 FREE
http://www.gamestop.com/gba/games/legend-of-spyro-eternal-night/66769
Thanks to the Racketboy Published Article, I went out of my way while on vacation in San Francisco to find this elusive game. The Gamestop site listed the game at a mall, but crap, crap, crap, Gamestop was closed down at that location. Asking a couple stores next door, found out there was a Gamestop a few blocks away. Sure enough GBA SpyroEN was there, this happened to me before. When a store is shut down a good chance the nearest Gamestop will have most of the inventory.

In all honesty I can't see what all the excitement is for this game. move a little beat up an enemy, move a little beat up an enemy, move a little, well you get the idea. Again as in other games I just have to give this game some play time. Same price as a PS2 version, the reviews all point to the GBA as the best choice for this dragon game.

Away from the bright neon display on the back wall, see GBA Spyro cart in the case?
Near the San Jose Westfield Valley Fair Mall two blocks away.
The two Gamestops are listed at the Retro Game Store Directory site:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=409974#p409974

GBA Super Dodgeball - $2.99 FREE
http://www.gamestop.com/gba/games/super-dodge-ball-used/16320
Another Atlus game, another good one. Smack the opponents with the ball. A great reactionary hit the button before getting hit. Looks close to the arcade version.

GBA Rampage Puzzle Attack - $2.99 FREE
http://www.gamestop.com/gba/games/rampage-puzzle-attack-used/18941
An easy paced puzzle game, so far. Looks like the rampage characters are strictly background entertainment, the concentration is lining up the following blocks.
Gamestop Haul 04-20-2011h.jpg

PS2 Ghosthunter - $5.99
http://www.gamestop.com/ps2/games/ghost-hunter/34044
This one has mixed reviews, but it is a Namco game. I get hints of a story like Indigo Prophecy and gameplay like Resident Evil with continous gunplay. Maybe like Dead Aim, never tried that one yet. Got as far as the sewer where my police detective partner is kidnapped by a ghost.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

by Weekend_Warrior Sun May 01, 2011 5:06 am

CRTGAMER wrote:PS2 Hypersonic Xtreme - $0.99 :shock:

Hyper Sonic Xtreme is a great, dare I say it is even better then Wipeout! I love going into First Person View, you really get a sense of speed with the immediate turning response. The track just flys right under you. Hey, I just made up a new acronym - FPV! A neat affect the way the raindrops run off the windshield. GET this game!
Have you ever played Power Drome on the original Xbox? You might really like it if you enjoy these kinda futuristic racing games. The first-person view is particularly impressive!

You need to buy the Xbox version rather than the PS2 port though due to framerate issues.
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)
aaron
Next-Gen

by aaron Sun May 01, 2011 5:55 am

Weekend_Warrior wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:PS2 Hypersonic Xtreme - $0.99 :shock:

Have you ever played Power Drome on the original Xbox? You might really like it if you enjoy these kinda futuristic racing games. The first-person view is particularly impressive!

You need to buy the Xbox version rather than the PS2 port though due to framerate issues.

i can vouch for power drome. fun game. i didn't have any problems with the ps2 version myself, but then again i haven't played the xbox one.

i also really enjoyed kinetica for ps2, while we're on this sort of tip lately.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
Flodder450
24-bit

by Flodder450 Sun May 01, 2011 12:42 pm

Went to a flea market yesterday and got:

Kingdom hearts 1 (PS2) (Box,no manual)
Lego star wars the video game (PS2) (Complete)
Jak 2 (PS2) (Complete)
Tomb Raider 2 (PS1) (Complete)

all the discs are mint,no scratches what-so-ever
all for €9 total!
weasels
Next-Gen

by weasels Sun May 01, 2011 1:08 pm

when to a local game shop and picked up shadow hearts: from the new world for $13.
"ninja's wear clothing of every color so they can blend with the alphabet."-best friend concerning bushido blade 2.
my trade and sell list is right here: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20601

N64, saturn model 2, ds, Dreamcast, ps1, ps2, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, xbox, 3DO, psp slim (v.3001.)
feel free to PM/IM me if you feel like talking to me.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Sun May 01, 2011 1:20 pm

SWAP MEET!

Some more picks, I love going to the Swap Meet! So many unusual Hidden Treasures that can be discovered. :D

Atari 5200 Pacman Painting - $50.00
So many crazy things at the Swap Meet, notice the old board game on the right. No I didn't buy the painting, the wife would have killed me. The price and convincing her to let me hang this in the house! I'm a 5200 nut so this caught my eye. Not really a collector's item, the local artist was selling this.
Atari 5200 Pacman Painting.jpg
Atari 5200 Pacman Painting.jpg (226.21 KiB) Viewed 1861 times

Sega Genesis Controller - $2.00
A third spare controller for the 7800, maybe I'll mod the second fire button.

Logitech Trakman Marble 804122-1000 - $3.00
I already own one for the computer, the PC PS/2 connector easily adapts to USB.
This second one can be used with the PS2 SmartJoy Frag, great for Retro games. :mrgreen:
Logitech Trakman 804122-1000 and Genesis Controller.jpg
Logitech Trakman 804122-1000 and Genesis Controller.jpg (136.23 KiB) Viewed 1860 times

Panasonic RP-2692 Footpedal - $5.00
http://www.dictationmall.com/rp2692xp.html
No, not a sewing machine pedal. Okay this is a weird and OMG great find!

My modding instincts was spinning when I saw this one.
"I'll give you a dollar for this."
"Ten Dollars!"
"Its all dusty, may not even work. Most I'll go is five."
"Okay, Five."
American Pickers should hire me as a consultant. :lol:
Panasonic RP-2692 Transcriber Foot Pedal.jpg
Panasonic RP-2692 Transcriber Foot Pedal.jpg (172.8 KiB) Viewed 1857 times
At first I thought the this was a foot pedal to work with a PC. It has a Backspace Button and a Start :? Button. It plugs right in the PC PS/2 port. OH CRAP, my sensor mouse stopped working when I tried the foot pedal with a USB adaptor. The Red LED light in the mouse completely died, now worried if I did some damage. After hard resetting my precious CRT iMac, waiting forever panicking for the defrag reboot, the mouse worked again. Popping the cover reveals a direct wire lead from the micro switches to the plug, no internal PCB. Whew! The USB port prevented permanent damage. Upon research which stupid me should have done first, this foot pedal plugs into a Dictaphone Transcriber Deck. Panasonic RR930 and RR830 Cassette Deck used in courtrooms, medical offices and sales.

Okay, so I have to pick up a cheap PC PS/2 keyboard and solder in the PCB. So what is the point of this two switch unit? It has very accurate micro switches inside and is a perfect switch box for Track and Field and any rapid rocking switch games! Easily a Mame capable using a gutted PC PCB keyboard encoder. By sticking with the PC PS/2 connector it can also hook into the PS2 SmartJoy Frag box.

Remember PSX Metal Gear during the torture scene? How about PS2 Ravin Rabbids or more recently the Castle Crashers level in PAL Alien Hominid. The foot pedal switches are HUGE and very responsive, great for the thumbs or slapping with the entire hands. So much better then the regular button switches. 8)

Yes, a very sweet find! :mrgreen:

Last edited by CRTGAMER on Sun May 01, 2011 3:35 pm, edited 7 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

by elmagicochrisg Sun May 01, 2011 2:26 pm

Third flee market of the year... 8)

PS2 God Hand €5

ACT-LABS RS steering wheel with Playstation cartridge €5

I think the latter is quite a bargain, especially with the Playstation cartridge. Not sure though... The steering wheel just felt very high grade -no squeaky plastic sounds- and the name ACT-LABS did ring a little bell. So I took it. Anyone who can tell me some more about this steering wheel?...
Last edited by elmagicochrisg on Sun May 01, 2011 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
Return to Game Deals