ATV: Quad Power Racing 2  
Arctic Thunder
Atari Anthology!  
Gran Turismo 4  
Black  
Close Combat: First to Fight (xbox)  
Conflict: Global Terror (xbox)    
Vietcong: Purple Haze (xbox)  

All games are for PS2 except where noted. The grand total was $170. I was pleasantly surprised that Xbox games were B1G2. Unfortunately I kinda fucked up and bought 2 copies of Tony Hawk's American Wasteland. Oh well. Today I also made a deal to buy a gamecube and an xbox with some extras for a mere $20 from a friend :D    

this is the second "ct gamestops suck" post his weekend, they stopped selling xbox games like 2 years ago over here in the constipation state. gd'it
Lone Wanderer
32-bit

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by Lone Wanderer Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:19 am

Same here I bought online because there are no gamestops within 45 min of me.
Black DSi, Pink GBC, Softmodded Wii, Softmodded Fat Ps2, Black Gamecube, Xbox, Dreamcast, Ps1 Slim, Atomic Purple GBC, Onyx GBA SP, Gears of War 3 Edition Xbox 360 Slim, PSP 3000, NES.
Luke wrote:Masturbation is a fool proof way of getting rid of ghosts. Seriously, not even ghosts want to see that. I suggest saying out loud, "Hey ghost, who's creeped out now? You scared?" in the process.
optmusprimenumber
Next-Gen

by optmusprimenumber Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:56 pm

Lone Wanderer wrote:Same here I bought online because there are no gamestops within 45 min of me.

Oh, aha. Right on.

I scored a sweet DVD rack and a blue XBox controller at Goodwill this weekend. 6 for the rack and 4 for the pad. I'm thinking that with some assorted hooks and whatnot the rack can make a fancy controller and gameboy tower, of sorts. The controller was missing the break away dongle but I've just designated it for the usb dongle I have. Rockin.

Goodwill is awesome. However prices on game consoles and some other things have definitely hit a new, higher ceiling.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:42 am

A THING RUN DAY :D

PS2 The Thing - $5.00 at Bookoff
An older Blue CD title, a great team leader explore horror game. Unlike most team leader games, this one requires building up trust of your soldiers. This one captures the feel of the movie, the suspense of who is an Alien and who is human. The game timeline takes place shortly after the end of the John Carpenter movie. Not a Resident Evil clone, reminds me a more of the Dreamcast horror game D2. I can't wait to start seeing all the blood splatter, the blood test scene from the movie! :lol:

This game is HDLoader compatible. :mrgreen:

Look at how crisp the game manual is, the pages open as if brand new!
Bookoff Haul 04-25-2011a.jpg
Bookoff Haul 04-25-2011a.jpg (214.51 KiB) Viewed 2190 times

DVD The Thing Collectors Edition - $5.00 at Bookoff
Oh, I had to get the matching movie for a rewatch, enjoy the buildup suspense as in the movie Alien. Already have the Laser Disc version of both the original black and white James Arness version and this John Carpenter release. The DVD is a premium version with a lot of extras and the best extra of any DVD, it is ANAMORPIC! The widescreen stretches filling up every corner of my HD 4:3 CRT. 8)

Note the clear plastic "Sandwich Bag", a trademark of Japanese stores. The games and movies are kept in pristine shape this way. The DVD has an interesting case and plastic slip cover. There is a pocket in the case for liner notes. From reading reviews of this edition the liner notes were cancelled. Would have been great to have Movie Lobby cards or something. Ah well I can always print up a filler to fit in there, maybe some Google Images JPGs.
Bookoff Haul 04-25-2011b.jpg
Bookoff Haul 04-25-2011b.jpg (162.63 KiB) Viewed 2190 times

Grand Theft Auto Vice City Game Guide - $2.00 at Bookoff
Nice full color guide, Vice City draws me in for the great 80s music.
Bookoff Haul 04-25-2011c.jpg
Bookoff Haul 04-25-2011c.jpg (253.23 KiB) Viewed 2190 times

My favorite Retro Store

I love Bookoff! This Japanese owned franchise sells used games in pristine condition, complete with original cases, covers and manuals. All the games and DVD movies are protected by a clear easy to open "zip" plastic envelope, the small easy to remove price tag is on the envelope.
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:44 am

CRTGAMER wrote:Grand Theft Auto Vice City Game Guide - $2.00 at Bookoff
Bookoff Haul 04-25-2011c.jpg

My favorite Retro Store

I love Bookoff! This Japanese owned franchise sells used games in pristine condition, complete with original cases, covers and manuals. All the games and DVD movies are protected by a clear easy to open "zip" plastic envelope, the small easy to remove price tag is on the envelope.

did they happen to have another copy of the GTA:VC guide? I could use one.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:50 am

noiseredux wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:Grand Theft Auto Vice City Game Guide - $2.00 at Bookoff
did they happen to have another copy of the GTA:VC guide? I could use one.
Just the one book, easy to spot in a search though. One of the few books that are not the older standard game guide size.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:54 am

CRTGAMER wrote:Just the one book, easy to spot in a search though. One of the few books that are not the older standard game guide size.

there's no Book Off locations near me.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:56 am

The dust has settled, now to sort thru the picks!

Buy 2 Get 2 Free Ended
It has been a very busy over two weeks for me! I bought the uncommon hard to find games the week before, in anticipation of the sale. I even refunded and repurchased some games that were just over the seven day window. The Buy 2 Get 2 Free was a price match deal. For example if one game cost 20 dollars and your second purchase was three dollars, the two freebies had to cost three dollars or less each. On top of hunting for complete disc based games with cases and manuals, the logistics involved of finding all the games I liked vs the free matched price values. I ended up making a sweep of several local Gamestops, price matching the freebies as I gained enough. GBA carts were tough to find, but I did manage to track down a few great ones.

Gamestop GBA Collectors Item Sign 1.jpg
Gamestop GBA Collectors Item Sign 1.jpg (248.7 KiB) Viewed 2451 times

How far will an OCD collector travel
I could not have timed a vacation any better. It just so happened to fall on the same week as the Gamestop sale. I already cleaned out most the local Gamestops the week before in anticipation of the sale. I hit a remote small town Gamestop on the way to San Francisco and picked up some real winners! Also found a Gamestop in San Jose worthy of the Retro Store Listing. A huge store that has six full basket displays full PS2 games! The employee mentioned they had eight baskets at the beginning of the week. The eye opener was the fact that most of the games were complete in original cases, manuals and cover inserts. I even found a 99¢ game complete in the case with a crisp game manual! :shock:

Gamestop PS2 Basket 02a.jpg
Gamestop PS2 Basket 02a.jpg (252.34 KiB) Viewed 2803 times

My Finds - Over 50 games! :shock: :oops: :lol:
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME, THIS IS BEYOND OCD RIDICULOUS!
I love the online Gamestop site search! A night before plan for the next days game runs. Luckily Gamestop has a seven day window on refunds, a simple matter of refund and repurchasing to get all the freebies. I'll post as I test the games with info of each game along with my usual include link for others to help in their search. Some of my previous purchases I already posted, became freebies this week! :mrgreen:

Here is the first pic, some GBA games. Three I already own, included here for the History interest. The 98 in 1 GBA cart is a Hong Kong special, a ton of GBC full games. Yes that many GBC games packed in there along with GBA Warioware 4. No battery which means no saves though. But it does have an in game hidden Menu that offers rapid fire and instant non power off access to any game. No need to reboot. :mrgreen:

GBA Mario vs Donkey Kong - $19.99
http://www.gamestop.com/gba/games/mario-vs-donkey-kong/32950
I have been keeping an eye on this one. Not too many twenty dollar GBA carts catch me to purchase. I already own the grey GB Donkey Kong 94. Both of these games get their roots from the original Arcade Donkey Kong. In addition to Mario climbing stairs and jumping, there are new moves and a goal of getting a key to unlock the next level. Jumping on buttons to turn on and off walls, ladder and platforms. One of the best platform games for the GBA! :mrgreen:

GBA Donkey Kong Country - $19.99 FREE
http://www.gamestop.com/gba/games/donkey-kong-country/26316
The classic SNES game right in the portable, very clean looking. I am so tempted to get the other two GBA versions as well. The GBA version has extras compared to the original. There is a couple of extra mini games. A fishing game and a match the Bust a Groove/Move dancers Parappa the Rapper style. :D

GBA Castlevania Double Pack - $9.99
http://216.39.86.61/gba/games/castlevania-aria-harmony-2-pack/41775
Two Castlevanias in one rare cart! Both Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow are in this cart! Any Castlevania fan has got to get this one. I love the strobe affect when your character jumps or does L and R attacks. Is God of War weapon of choice inspired by those chains? 8)

Crap, the battery is dead. I'll have to solder a new one in. A hopeless hope, will the GBA recharge the internal cart battery?

GBA Pinball of the Dead - $2.99
http://www.gamestop.com/gba/games/pinball-of-the-dead-used/32204
The purple one on the bottom right, I already own the big font labeled version. Strange there are two different labels, maybe a revision in the game somewhere? House of the dead Fans will love this one, even has the great cheesy voices. A very good pinball game, choose green or red blood splatter. :lol:
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Sun May 01, 2011 1:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hateshinai
128-bit

by Hateshinai Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:12 pm

Traded some spare SNES carts (good games actually)that were gathering dust in my house for several years, for a CIB Pal Mega Drive Alisia Dragoon, loose N64 Turok 2 and a Mega Drive Logic 3 joystick (http://segaretro.org/Phantom_SG_Six).
Quite a nice stick and I will probably end up using on my PC with an adapter to play 6 button games on MAME. (I use a NeoGeo stick for most MAME games)
Mostly harmless
Return to Game Deals