Games Beaten 2015

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I think you'll enjoy FFVI quite a bit. It's like IV but way more developed and interesting. It's also like FFVII but without the bloat, terrible graphics, and cringe-worthy characters and plot. I find it the best in the series by a landslide - I even enjoy it more than any of the Ys games.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I think you'll enjoy FFVI quite a bit. It's like IV but way more developed and interesting. It's also like FFVII but without the bloat, terrible graphics, and cringe-worthy characters and plot. I find it the best in the series by a landslide - I even enjoy it more than any of the Ys games.

So... it's like my 2 least favourite games in the series?

Not selling it to me here dude...
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

:lol:

Similarities in the mechanics and battle systems but a vastly super experience, let's say. Did you like Chrono Trigger? FFVI feels closer to that than any other FF game.

And damn this thread is reminding me that I haven't beaten any games lately. I seem to have a dry spell every year.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

1. Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition(PS4)(Good)
2. Infamous First Light(PS4)(Good)
3. Drakengard 3(PS3) *Endings 1-4. Ending 5 I watched online due to BS boss.(Good except for the boss of the final alternate branch ending who can go burn in a firey hell :lol: )
4. Infamous Second Son(PS4)(Good)
5. Thomas Was Alone(PS4)(Great)
6. Uncharted Drake's Fortune(PS3) *(Good)
7. Uncharted 2 Among Thieves(PS3) *(Great)
8. Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception(PS3) **(Good)
9. Deadpool(PS3)(Great)
10. Red Dead Redemption(360)(Good)
11. Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare(360)(Okay)
12. The Walking Dead Survival Instinct(360)(Shit)
13. Fuse(360)(Okay)
14. The Bureau Xcom Declassified(360)(Okay)
15. Asura's Wrath(360)(Great)
16. Beneath a Steel Sky(PC)(Good)
17. Soul Gambler(PC)(Okay)
19. Harvester(PC)(Good, but disturbing)
20. Coma: Mortuary(PC)(Shit)
21. Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure(PC)(Good)
22. Freedom Planet(PC)(Great)
23. Tropico 3 Steam Special Edition(PC)(Great)
24. Far Cry 4(PS3)(Okay kinda meh)
25. Shellshock 2 Blood Trails(360)(Shit)
26. Grand Theft Auto V(PC)(Great)
27. Shadow of Mordor(PS4)(Great)
28. Call of Duty Advanced Warfare(PS4)(Okay)
29. Fallout 3(PC)- Great
30. Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage(DLC)(PC)- Crap
31. Fallout 3: Broken Steel(DLC)(PC)- Okay
32. Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta(DLC)(PC)- Buggy Crap
33. Fallout 3: Point Lookout(DLC)(PC)- Great
34. Dying Light(Xbox One)- Great
35. Sunset Overdrive(Xbox One)- Great
36. Murdered Soul Suspect(Xbox One)- Okay
37. Ryse Son of Rome(Xbox One)- Great
38. Halo Anniversary Edition(Xbox One Master Chief Collection)- Good
39. Halo 2 Anniversary(Xbox One Master Chief Collection)- Okay
40. Halo 3(Xbox One Master Chief Collection)- Great
41. Halo 4(Xbox One Master Chief Collection)- Great

Halo 4

I don't really care much for 343, but they did okay. Story line is interesting even though there are some huge plot holes, and they kind of forced CoD style QTEs in at the start and end randomly :lol: . While some enemy classes disappeared the new Prometheions are interesting and bring a nice variety of weapons to the table. I especially like the light rifle since it is so abundant and accurate. Thankfully the game runs smooth as well with no memorable glitches or slow down occurring during the game. Only thing I couldn't stand about the game is the QTEs they feel so out of place and they are only used twice once in an elevator sequence at the beginning and again for the final segment. The final QTE is also really poorly done with only two really meaningless prompts one of which I believe is purposely wrong since it declares you should "Pull RT to Fire Machine Gun" when you are using grenades and it fails unless you hit LT think this was on the 360 version as well which is why I think it's on purpose.

Overall it's worth playing and while I don't agree with everything 343 did with the franchise at least they did an okay job and it stray to far from the formula.

Halo Master Chief Collection

I highly recommend the Master Chief Collection if you are Halo fan. It's a great compilation of the previous games and will probably have the only physical release of Halo 2 Anniversary. It's an amazing bargain at the price as well if you want to go back through the campaigns in single player or co-op. However the MP is god awful in my opinion the matchmaking is hit or miss when it comes to balance and setup time. Once again there are no dedicated servers and sadly you get booted to the mp root menu after each game forcing you to search for a new game after each round which is horrible. This game had so much going for it in the MP department with the official maps from every numbered entry in the series, but it feels like they purposely crippled it to ensure people moved onto Halo 5 once it releases.

Finally one last thing that ticks me off a little. At first I didn't notice it but Halo 3 ODST is in the menu and has achievements in the Master Chief Collection. First time I noticed it I was kind of surprised I was like holy cow I thought there were only four games on disc and with this the only game not included from the series is Reach and the spin offs(Wars, Spartan Ops, etc.). Then I clicked on it and got bumped into the Xbox Live store and hit up for $5. Seriously while $5 isn't much it's obvious that this could have been included in the collection from the get go with minimal effort. Kind of annoying that they tied it into the achievements and some of the unlocks as well since really it isn't a part of the "Master Chief Collection" since it doesn't feature Master Chief which is the reason I thought ODST and Reach were not featured in the first place.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

I beat Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire on the Nintendo 64 this evening!

This is one of those games that I have had since childhood. Or, well, teenage years when I first got my Nintendo 64. Everybody had this game and I was one of them. And I remember everybody enjoying the first level and then being disappointed by the rest of it. I've played this game for decades and I would always stop at certain points. First it was the train level, then the sewer level and then the Palace Level. Finally, I persevered enough and beat the damn thing.

This is one of those childhood games that I can't really decide if it is good or bad. Overall, I think it is pretty bad. The 3rd person tank controls are awful. The fogging is really noticeable. The shooting is unresponsive and the game is just frustrating to play. The best part of the game is the music and the first level. Besides that, it all goes down hill and becomes another annoying Star Wars game.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

1. Cut the Rope (3DS)
2. Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (PS3)
3. Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth (XBOX)
4. Jewel Link Chronicles: Mountains of Madness (NDS)
5. Super Mario 3D World (WIIU)
6. Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
7. Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS)
8. Gunman Clive (3DS)
9. Child of Light (WIIU)
10. Gunman Clive 2 (3DS)
11. Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (WIIU)
12. Shifting World (3DS)
13. VVVVVV (3DS)
14. Mega Man 9 (PS3)
15. Mighty Switch Force 2 (WIIU)
16. Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (PS3)
17. Castle Crashers (PS3)
18. Pushmo (3DS)
19. Steamworld Dig (3DS)
20. The Unfinished Swan (PS3)
21. Blaster Master (NES)
22. Samurai Shodown II (NEOGEO/PS2)
23. E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (2600)
24. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (PS3)
25. Shining Force II (GEN)
26. Rayman Legends (WIIU)
27. Gorf (ARCADE)
28. Fairune (3DS)
29. Mighty Gunvolt (3DS)
30. Ikachan (3DS)
31. Block Boy! (3DS)
32. Legend of the Dark Witch (3DS)
33. R-Type Delta (PS1)
34. Half-Life (PS2)
35. Soul of Darkness (3DS)
36. Cubit the Hardcore Platforming Robot (3DS)
37. Alien on the Run (3DS)
38. Bit.Trip Presents...Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (WIIU)
39. Hazumi (3DS)
40. Aaru's Awakening (PS3)

Aaru's Awakening is a beautiful game, with an art style reminiscent of old Rankin-Bass films:

It is spoiled, however, by incredibly frustrating gameplay. That is, the game utilizes an interesting platform mechanic: Aaru, the main character can throw a ball with one button and teleport to its location with another. You aim the ball with the right stick, you move Aaru with the left, you throw the ball with R1, you teleport with R2, and you jump with L1. The controls are effective, but they are not always intuitive. Nonetheless, the game (which should have been focused on puzzles), amounts to a gauntlet of incredibly difficult platforming challenges. Worse, Aaru is incredibly fragile - pretty much everything kills him instantly - and these challenges are not always difficult for the right reasons (i.e., things off screen will kill you a lot). Thankfully, the game features generous checkpoints, but even with those, the last few levels result in a war of attrition between the game and the player.

The boss fights are cool, however:

And, the game is (thankfully) quite short. Nonetheless, and unless you are curious about the art direction or just love frustration, I cannot recommend it.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Looks neat. I noticed that it's on Steam, may pick up that version.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Didnt realize it was on Steam now. Nice.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Looks neat. I noticed that it's on Steam, may pick up that version.

I really can't recommend it. Despite its short length, it really does end up being a slog. It might've better with a mouse, however. (It was originally designed for the PC. )

Regardless, I wouldn't spend much on it, and I would read Gamespot's review before buying it.
Damm64
Next-Gen

Post by Damm64 »

1- Heavenly Sword (Ps3)
2- Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3)
3- Sonic Generations (Ps3)
4- Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (3DS)
5- Legend of Zelda: Link between worlds (3DS)
6- Castlevania: Mirror of Fate (3DS)
7- Pokemón Crystal (GBC)
8- Pokemón Fire Red (GBA)
9- Pokémon Y (3DS)*
10- Duke Nukem Forever (PS3)
11- New Super Mario Bros (DS)
12- Dishonored (PS3)
13- Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)
14- House of the dead overkill (Ps3)
15- The Evil Within (PS3)
16- Portal 2 (PS3)
17- Ratchet & Clank (PS3)
18- Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando (PS3)
19- Adventure Time: Hey Ice king why did you steal our garbage? (3DS)
20- Ratchet & Clank: Up your Arsenal (PS3)
21- Darksiders 2 (PS3)
22- Metal Gear Solid (PlayStation)

For a long ass time i've never touched a single MGS title because i heard stuff like "its like a movie" "amazing cinematics" etc, i tough it would be one of those games i would never get into... but somehow this managed to get into me and i find myself enjoying this game.

It has a few issues some that come from old age and other from bad design, going back and forth on the stairs of the metal gear backtracking in order to add game lengh was lame, or making you backtrack to find a sniper rifle so you can have a really awkard fight with a sniper, or going through 10 sets of stair in TWO towers with the awkard camera and endless enemies attacking you from blind spots, or when in some sections they put mines where there's no rational thinking place to be put there and they deactivate your radar so you can't see the mines.

DESPITE all of this i could enjoy the game for the story because its like people said its like a movie, a dumb over the top, cyborg ninja, giant robots kinda of dumb and i LOVE IT. I find myself laughing at the constant plot twist that the game throws at you (they even throw one AFTER the credits!) and how the main bad guy never stops chasing you and you have to kill him like three times. I swear i wanted to make some popcorn and grab a soda each time the codec talk started or when the bad guys gave you a monologue telling about their past and how tragic they are and in the end they're not so bad at all. It has cliches from american action movies and the over the top japanese anime and it works! Somehow works!

Im playing through MGS 2 now and, again, despite being annoyed at some of the design in the game im having a blast with it. Im going to try to blast my way on all the games on the legacy collection to be on time with the current games.
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.