What are these cartridges?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
markc_

What are these cartridges?

Post by markc_ »

Came across these today and not sure what they are.
They are a bit wider than an atari cartridge.
Im just starting collecting video games, do I want these?
AppleQueso

Re: What are these cartridges?

Post by AppleQueso »

I don't think I've seen anything like those before. If they aren't atari carts, they're surely carts for some kind of second generation console.

Lots of google digging hasn't brought up much.

The overall form factor of those carts kinda looks like the carts used in the Arcadia 2001:

I can't find anything involving carts with the titles on those though.

Even if we can't figure it out though, if they're cheap and you're interested in that sort of thing, it might be worth snatching them up anyway. You could have a cool oddity.
markc_

Post by markc_ »

AppleQueso wrote:I don't think I've seen anything like those before. If they aren't atari carts, they're surely carts for some kind of second generation console.

Lots of google digging hasn't brought up much.

The overall form factor of those carts kinda looks like the carts used in the Arcadia 2001:

I can't find anything involving carts with the titles on those though.

Even if we can't figure it out though, if they're cheap and you're interested in that sort of thing, it might be worth snatching them up anyway. You could have a cool oddity.

Thanks heaps for that. I couldn't find anything on those titles either.
Your right might be worth buying just to have the oddities.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

At first I thought they were 2600 carts too.

But I've never seen these games either.

Can you go back again and take pics of the bottom of the carts?

It would help.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Well Combat was a 2600 exclusive, so I am inclined to say these are bootleg carts. Some more pictures will help though. Ive seen some 2600 carts that look like that from Brasil but nothing that looks exactly like that.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

fastbilly1 wrote:Well Combat was a 2600 exclusive, so I am inclined to say these are bootleg carts. Some more pictures will help though. Ive seen some 2600 carts that look like that from Brasil but nothing that looks exactly like that.

Were there Atari 2600 clones with different designs and such?
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

What's the length, width and thickness of these carts?
Ack

Post by Ack »

Considering the poor quality of the stickers and that some of them appear to be mismatched onto games with other titles, I'm also leaning towards bootlegs of some sort. Any idea if the PAL sticker on the Donkey Kong cartridge means anything? And also, what are the serial numbers printed on the labels in the lower right corners?
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I have an Arcadia 2001, and those are definitely not North American Arcadia 2001 carts. That said, there were a lot of foreign Arcadia 2001 variants, and I would not be surprised if the games were for one of those.

EDIT: I just noticed the names on the carts. "Capture" is an Arcadia 2001 title, as is "Space Mission". I suspect that "Combat" is a re-named version of "Tanks A Lot". Accordingly, I very strongly suspect that those are carts for a foreign Arcadia 2001 variant.
Last edited by prfsnl_gmr on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Maybe bootleg Coleco carts? Those are close to 2600 size and there's Donkey Kong on the Coleco. Cat & Rat could be Mousetrap? Mars Attack could be Space Fury?