Random Gaming Thoughts

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Too true.

My dad always told me, "Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results is the definition of retarded"

As a kid, this made me think that pretty much everyone around me was retarded, including my dad, as he told me this at least 30 times.

To make this somewhat related to the topic, my random gaming thought:

Sonic would be a great game to play for score if you were forced to play on only 1 life. There is a risk reward, as you are timed, but have a lot of potential points to get on your way to the end. Heck, there is even chaining!

The bonus stages would be killer though, seems like it would be hell to milk all the potential points out of each bonus stage.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

So, I'm looking at a game lot on eBay. It has seven games, three of which I know I want (Mass Effect 1&2, Portal 2), two games I'm not sure about (Fallout 3 GOTY, Dead Space) and two I don't want. (COD 4, Oblivion).

What's a decent price on this? They're all complete, and its currently sitting at $32 with right under 2 days to go. On Fallout 3, I've owned it before, but sold it after it made me feel depressed. However, many have suggested not taking it seriously and playing it goofy make it more fun. I planned on playing Abe Lincoln with neon green hair, a mohawk, wearing his hat and using his rifle, who is extremely prejudiced against ghouls.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

Its happened a lot down here in mexico these past few years

That violent game is automatcally called SAN ANDREAS.

Its kinda like the acronym thread, but I dont want to derail that thread.

I've sold games at the fleamarket (not lately though) over here. And Kids ask "in spanish"

Tienes el juego de San Andreas?

Do you have the San Andreas game?

They've asked for the gamecube 'san andreas' game. Which doesnt exist but they still ask. Back then I just stocked up on copies of True Crime LA, and the kids happily bought them.

Every once in a while now, I still hear kids asking for 'San Andreas' at the fleamarket.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
pumpkinpie65
24-bit

Post by pumpkinpie65 »

MyNameIsVince wrote:I'm somewhat odd at video game pronunciations. .

Ys............yeah. I said it as "Wise". I say it correctly now, but I'll say it incorrectly to mess with people sometimes.

Wait... how is it actually pronounced?

flojocabron wrote:Its happened a lot down here in mexico these past few years

That violent game is automatcally called SAN ANDREAS.

Its kinda like the acronym thread, but I dont want to derail that thread.

I've sold games at the fleamarket (not lately though) over here. And Kids ask "in spanish"

Tienes el juego de San Andreas?

Do you have the San Andreas game?

They've asked for the gamecube 'san andreas' game. Which doesnt exist but they still ask. Back then I just stocked up on copies of True Crime LA, and the kids happily bought them.

Every once in a while now, I still hear kids asking for 'San Andreas' at the fleamarket.

Wow. Weird. What else do they refer to as San Andreas?
Dylan
Next-Gen

Post by Dylan »

I'm really considering picking up Hakan in SFIV, he's definitely tricky but playing around with him makes me think he has some serious potential.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

As much as I love the main game of Super Monkey Ball, I love the party & mini games that much more. That's what it should have just been :lol:

Suck at Monkey Target (fly too fast), but got near 200 on Monkey Bowling today.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Post by s1mplehumar »

Dylan wrote:I'm really considering picking up Hakan in SFIV, he's definitely tricky but playing around with him makes me think he has some serious potential.

You like massagey? All that sexy oil is a huge turnoff for me.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
Dylan
Next-Gen

Post by Dylan »

s1mplehumar wrote:
Dylan wrote:I'm really considering picking up Hakan in SFIV, he's definitely tricky but playing around with him makes me think he has some serious potential.

You like massagey? All that sexy oil is a huge turnoff for me.

All I have to say to that is EX Oil Shower.

I will admit that jp Hakan makes the most disturbing noise ever when he oils up.
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

pumpkinpie65 wrote:
MyNameIsVince wrote:I'm somewhat odd at video game pronunciations. .

Ys............yeah. I said it as "Wise". I say it correctly now, but I'll say it incorrectly to mess with people sometimes.

Wait... how is it actually pronounced?

Like ease, but slightly longer on the e, like eeeeese. Or the original, イース。
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Man the Fallout New Vegas Old World Blues DLC starts with a lot of talking. I swear I spent at least 30 minutes talking to those guys before I headed outside. :shock: Good thing it was mostly amusing. :mrgreen: