NES protection HELP

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
retrogamer01
8-bit

NES protection HELP

Post by retrogamer01 »

I need someones advice. I live in a house with a heavy smoker, and i dont want it affecting my games. What effects can this have on my games? Should i put them in individual ziplock baggies? Would that help prevent discoloration or damage?
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Re: NES protection HELP

Post by Gunstar Green »

I don't think it will really hurt the games besides discoloration and smell. Maybe get some big plastic tote boxes like these for storage? I'd also keep them in a closet or something where they won't be exposed to the smoke.

Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Something that completely seals like ziplock bags as you suggested might help. Plastic tubs generally aren't tight seals.

Aside from yellowing and sticker damage from the tar, this can dirty the contacts of cartridges and systems as well as dirtying discs and lenses. Any chance of having the person only smoke outside for the sake of your health as well as the games and other things in the house?
Zerodash
16-bit

Post by Zerodash »

If possible, try to keep your gaming stuff in a separate room where the smoker rarely goes.

I smoke 2-3 cigars a week and my wife smokes cigarettes. We have a rule where she can't light up where I keep my games (a finished basement). I smoke cigars in my office, and have an air filter in there that helps reduce the smoke my computer sucks up. The one I use is about $300 and manages to keep my office smelling pretty clean, and the inside of my computer gets cleaned out every month- and it seems the filter is keeping most of the smoke out.

There is nothing worse than yellow/smelly games. Good luck.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

retrogamer01 wrote:I need someones advice. I live in a house with a heavy smoker, and i dont want it affecting my games. What effects can this have on my games? Should i put them in individual ziplock baggies? Would that help prevent discoloration or damage?

Kick the bum out. Think about that yellow inside your own lungs. On a side note why have two separate posts about similar subjects?

http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=27948
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Czernobog
Next-Gen

Post by Czernobog »

Kick the bum out. Think about that yellow inside your own lungs. On a side note why have two separate posts about similar subjects?

http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=27948[/quote]

I was wondering about this...I could have sworn I commented on this topic from this poster, and it turns out I did, just somewhere else!