Top 5 Gaming Disappointments of 2010

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
fvgazi
Next-Gen

Re: Top 5 Gaming Disappointments of 2010

Post by fvgazi »

I agree with scott pilgrim. It's okay, but it really let me down in terms of my expectations. I thought it would be another castle crashers, but the controls are clunky, it feels really slow, and I don't enjoy the gameplay mechanics nearly as much as castle crashers.

I don't think the game is BAD, but it wasn't as great as I thought. There were a ton of terrible games out this year, but I expected them all to be terrible.
[ XBL: downedcity | PSN: biggry | Steam: Merchandise ]
Black Lodge Amplification: http://blacklodgeamps.tumblr.com/
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

Post by Dakinggamer87 »

My gaming disappointments of 2010 in no particular order: Bioshock 2, White Knight Chronicles, Dark Void, and Quantum Theory come to mind. :(
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Why Bioshock 2?

(Not arguing, just curios as to why you didnt like it/were disappointed with it).
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

Bradtemple87 wrote:
Jonesy47 wrote:Mafia II
Medal of Honor
Castlevania Harmony of Despair
Metroid Other M
Tatsunoko Vs Capcom

Tatsunoko WTF

That's what I was thinking. My friend had just done the Wii emulation thing on his Wii and despite having hundreds of games at our disposal its the only one we played. It ranks up there in my Game of the Year catagory.

I didn't have any disappointments from the few new games I played.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

One of mine would be Blaster Master Overdrive. It's a fun game, but it doesn't hold a candle to the original. They took away the best things about the game too in my humble opinion, and I was really looking forward to something better, like Contra Rebirth.

edit*

I'm also disappointed at how many people no longer play Mario Kart online. It's such a great game and it's a shame so many gamers now consider it a fad of the past.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Luke wrote:I'm also disappointed at how many people no longer play Mario Kart online. It's such a great game and it's a shame so many gamers now consider it a fad of the past.

I feel this has more to do with Nintendo's lackluster online features, it gets kind of boring when all you can really do is race. ie people who play games like COD, like it because there is a sense of achievement involved, Nintendo's idea of online gaming is exactly the same as hotseat just at your own house...oh but you can communicate with one another, so hotseat wins.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

emwearz wrote:
Luke wrote:I'm also disappointed at how many people no longer play Mario Kart online. It's such a great game and it's a shame so many gamers now consider it a fad of the past.

I feel this has more to do with Nintendo's lackluster online features, it gets kind of boring when all you can really do is race. ie people who play games like COD, like it because there is a sense of achievement involved, Nintendo's idea of online gaming is exactly the same as hotseat just at your own house...oh but you can communicate with one another, so hotseat wins.

Wasn't there a cheating problem with it too?
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Hobie-wan wrote:Wasn't there a cheating problem with it too?

Dude. I beat you fair and square.
sf1992

Post by sf1992 »

Donkey Kogn Country Returns.

Felt like DKC 2.0 (NOT DKC2) with a lot less "stuff".
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

Post by Rurouni_Fencer »

sf1992 wrote:Donkey Kogn Country Returns.

Felt like DKC 2.0 (NOT DKC2) with a lot less "stuff".

You're insane! :evil: :evil: ::flame-rant-rant-flame:: :evil: :evil:

Welcome to the forums.. :lol:
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)