Should I activate Kayne and Lynch 2?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Anayo
Next-Gen

Should I activate Kayne and Lynch 2?

Post by Anayo »

I came across a brand new copy of Kayne and Lynch 2 for the PC for $3.

Thing is, I really want to like this game. The 'shaky cam' style really appeals to me, since I loved movies like District 9 and Cloverfield. Also, the game takes place in Shanghai, which interests me as well. I like movies and games and such that take place in urban Asia.

Buuutt... the reviews are spotty, and I'm not sure how much retardedness I can put up with to try and enjoy it.

As an example, I played and enjoyed Turok for the PC, which I paid $5 for and thought was pretty retarded. I was able to turn off my brain and just mindlessly enjoy it... But this game has actually still got a decent asking price on eBay, so I could sell it and spend my time on a better game that throws itself at me later.

Has anyone here played K&L2 before? I know it's just $3 at stake but it can't hurt to ask.
BigTinz
128-bit

Re: Should I activate Kayne and Lynch 2?

Post by BigTinz »

Hmmm.

For 3 dollars...I think you're going to have a good time. The game isn't great, the story is foul and violent just to be violent. Takes about 4 hours to beat....and the cover system is broken. BUT...the dialog and presentation are great.

I mean, the game sells for $19.99 on steam, so you could probably resale for $15. Would you rather have 4-5 hours of fun (+terrible multiplayer) or $15(probably less after shipping) to spend elsewhere...like on a better game?
AmishSamurai
Next-Gen

Post by AmishSamurai »

I read that as Kanye and Lynch.

>.>
MrPopo wrote:The life lesson here is jobs will come and go, but Earthbound will always be there for you.

I'm a girl btw
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

i'd just play it. couldn't hurt. you've already listed like 5 reasons why you think you'd like it, just try it out. if you don't like it, then no big deal, $3 is really not that much.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
avrame
128-bit

Post by avrame »

aaron wrote:i'd just play it. couldn't hurt. you've already listed like 5 reasons why you think you'd like it, just try it out. if you don't like it, then no big deal, $3 is really not that much.

Don't say that! $3 can buy you a big-pak of Doublemint gum, and thats sure to last over 4 hours! :lol:

Nah, just playing man, at $3, you have nothing to lose, honestly, at the price, it's like renting a game and never returning it. Just play the game :D
If you aren't having a good time, why are you playing?
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Anayo wrote:I came across a brand new copy of Kayne and Lynch 2 for the PC for $3.

... But this game has actually still got a decent asking price on eBay,

I don't think you looked at copies of the PC game that actually sold. Yes there are the occasional $9 copy selling, but I see a lot of ~$3 ones there too which of course will loose out with paypal and ebay fees.

If you don't have a mountainous backlog, you might as well give it a shot for $3. I'd think it would have to be really terrible to not get $3 of enjoyment out of it.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

AmishSamurai wrote:I read that as Kanye and Lynch.

>.>

We're gonna put a lynch in your lynch so you can lynch while you lynch. . . err, wait....
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Only played the 360 version, but the presentation is something you'll probably like, the protagonists are real bastards but that's part of their 'charm' I guess. I liked the credits songs, despite their brevity.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image