Possibility of an extreme Holy Grail?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Gooseberrysoda
128-bit

Possibility of an extreme Holy Grail?

Post by Gooseberrysoda »

Now, I could be wrong, but in my Psychology Textbook, there was a chapter on learning. Almost as a side note, there was a bit on the effects of violent video games on college students. It seemed that developers came out with special versions of Carmageddon 2 just for this experiment- one in which hitting people makes you lose points, and another in which you can't hit anything.

Having never played Carmageddon 2, I don't know if these are special modes or if those two copies are really the only ones. Either way, I spent the lesson focusing on that rather than paying attention. :lol:
Sega Genesis (Model 2), Sega CD, Sega 32X, SNES, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Game Boy Family, Phillips CD-i Model 910, NES, Atari 5200, Virtual Boy, Atari Jaguar, Playstations 3-4
Bootaaay
128-bit

Re: Possibility of an extreme Holy Grail?

Post by Bootaaay »

Those modes definitely weren't in the game, so I guess they rigged them up specially for the experiment.

There was however a ton of controversy around the games launch (thanks to some tabloid paper rabble-rousing), so the game shipped with green-blooded zombies instead of regular pedestrians (but a patch could be bought on a bonus CD that would allow you to put humans back in).
PSN; Bootaaay ---------------------------------------------------------------- XBL; B007444Y
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Bootaaay wrote:There was however a ton of controversy around the games launch (thanks to some tabloid paper rabble-rousing), so the game shipped with green-blooded zombies instead of regular pedestrians (but a patch could be bought on a bonus CD that would allow you to put humans back in).

Only you guys in Europe got screwed with the zombies. We had regular raspberry jam filled people here in the US. I bet the special copies of the game were just burned on CDR and it would be hard tell if it was an actual original made for the study.
pjvdg
24-bit

Post by pjvdg »

It wasn't even everywhere in Europe. I know that Belgium got the normal version as well.
Germany had the zombie version.
----------------------------------------------------------
Manage your retro collection on your iPhone or iPod Touch:

Others:
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

pjvdg wrote:It wasn't even everywhere in Europe. I know that Belgium got the normal version as well.

Ah ok. I knew Germany and England got the green zombie version. Silly me for generalizing Europe from there. :oops:
Ack

Post by Ack »

Hobie-wan wrote:
pjvdg wrote:It wasn't even everywhere in Europe. I know that Belgium got the normal version as well.

Ah ok. I knew Germany and England got the green zombie version. Silly me for generalizing Europe from there. :oops:

It's cool, nobody cares about Belgium anyway.
Hatta
Next-Gen

Post by Hatta »

Watch your mouth! Kids read this forum. :lol:
We are prepared to live in the plain and die in the plain!
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Ack wrote:It's cool, nobody cares about Belgium anyway.

But what other country has peeing statues everywhere and the Atomium? Hmmmmmm?
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

Hobie-wan wrote:But what other country has peeing statues everywhere and the Atomium? Hmmmmmm?

And Jean-Claude Van Damme.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
bacteria
Next-Gen

Post by bacteria »

Yeah, some games used green for blood, and also I remember that Wolfenstein 3D was banned in Germany for its violent content and reference to Nazis and Hitler; as if Wolfenstein 3D would stir the Germanic souls to repeat their past... :wink:
I am the Bacman