Rare rare rare video games!

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Rare rare rare video games!

Post by Erik_Twice »

In this thread we talk about rare games. I mean, really really rare games nobody ever head of.

I present you "Gold medal with Bruce Jenner". An arcade laserdisc game only two were ever made. Stern decided against it and no more cabinets were made: (Down the page)

http://www.dragons-lair-project.com/gam ... /stern.asp

So, any incredibly rare games you want to share? =D
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
RareCollector5
8-bit

Re: Rare rare rare video games!

Post by RareCollector5 »

I hoping there's more posts because this is exactly what I'm into. Unfortunately I don't have any rare games to mention.
Bootaaay
128-bit

Post by Bootaaay »

Two rarest I can think of (other than obvious stuff like the NES Stadium Events or World Championship gold cartridge) and that I have in my possession are;

Shinrei Jusatsushi Taromaru (aka Psychic Killer Taromaru) for the SEGA Saturn. Created by Time Warner's Japanese games division (who closed down immediately after Taromaru was finished, it being the only game the studio ever produced) only 7,500 copies were ever made, and as such the game easily commands £150+ prices on ebay. The price is somewhat inflated by it's reputation as the 'rarest Saturn game', but also because it's a pretty enjoyable Shinobi-alike with great co-op action, nice graphics and some awesome boss battles.

Golem no Maigo (aka The Lost Golem) for the SEGA Dreamcast. Produced by a student-team of just 10 people from Kyushu University, under the name Caramelpot. Despite being a simple, yet charming puzzle game, Golem no Maigo was produced and sold in very limited numbers - only 500 were sold in it's first year of release. It's not very rare in terms of price, but in terms of undiscovered, yet excellent games, it's right up there.
PSN; Bootaaay ---------------------------------------------------------------- XBL; B007444Y
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Bootaaay wrote:Two rarest I can think of (other than obvious stuff like the NES Stadium Events or World Championship gold cartridge) and that I have in my possession are;

Your post would seem better fitted in this thread IMHO. :)

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13355

Just thinking that this thread might turn into pretty much a duplicate of that one if we''re not careful.