12,091 Mario 3's sold since eBay was founded

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Re: 12,091 Mario 3's sold since eBay was founded

Post by Hobie-wan »

millerjm2 wrote:
Hobie-wan wrote:Very interesting. Could be a bit clearer that it's only the past year or so worth of data though.

Agreed.

Actually I just noticed the chart says 09-09 to 09-10, but the thread title is "since ebay was founded". Considering that 18 million copies of the game were sold, I'm sure there have to have been more than 12K changing hands in the past 15 years.

A quick and dirty search looks like at least 49 copies of the NES SMB3 (some in bundles) sold on November 1st and 2nd. Even a super rough estimate from that figure would be ~8942 copies in a year. Even 20 copies a day would be ~3650 copies in a year. So just how crazy would it really be if it was copies of SMB 3 changing hands since 1995 as I'm sure some copies have bounced around several times? :mrgreen:
jjgames
16-bit

Re: 12,091 Mario 3's sold since eBay was founded

Post by jjgames »

Hobie-wan wrote:Actually I just noticed the chart says 09-09 to 09-10, but the thread title is "since ebay was founded". Considering that 18 million copies of the game were sold, I'm sure there have to have been more than 12K changing hands in the past 15 years.

A quick and dirty search looks like at least 49 copies of the NES SMB3 (some in bundles) sold on November 1st and 2nd. Even a super rough estimate from that figure would be ~8942 copies in a year. Even 20 copies a day would be ~3650 copies in a year. So just how crazy would it really be if it was copies of SMB 3 changing hands since 1995 as I'm sure some copies have bounced around several times? :mrgreen:

The whole chart data comes from 9/9 to 9/10 but the Mario 3 data was from all time. Ebay only counted completed auctions with a buyer and only when it was listed as the game itself.

The data came right from eBay's data department. Maybe they got the query wrong but that is what they told me the number was when I asked them. It seemed a bit strange to me too, but that was their response.
Owner of JJGames.com and Publisher of VGPC.com