What's the longest you've:

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Limewater
Next-Gen

Re: What's the longest you've:

Post by Limewater »

AwesomeMonstar wrote:1. While I actually did beat it, I rented MGS4 for around a year. Just lent it to a friend when I was done, and we never really got to bringing it back until I had an urge to rent something else.

Also, no late fees, What a glorious time of blockbuster's past.

As I recall, during the "no more late fees" era, blockbuster turned rentals into sales and charged you accordingly a week or so after the due date. Didn't they do this to you on Metal Gear 4?
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
AwesomeMonstar
128-bit

Post by AwesomeMonstar »

Limewater wrote:
AwesomeMonstar wrote:1. While I actually did beat it, I rented MGS4 for around a year. Just lent it to a friend when I was done, and we never really got to bringing it back until I had an urge to rent something else.

Also, no late fees, What a glorious time of blockbuster's past.

As I recall, during the "no more late fees" era, blockbuster turned rentals into sales and charged you accordingly a week or so after the due date. Didn't they do this to you on Metal Gear 4?

I think it's a sort of placeholder and you get reimbursed once you return the product. However, I never even set foot in a blockbuster between it's rental and return so I don't think they ever really sprang the charge on me. I suppose they may have charged the account but at least the money would come back after.
Don't that just look oh so tasty?
NES-GB-GENESIS-SNES-GBC-32X-SATURN-3DO-N64-DREAMCAST-GBA-PS2-XBOX-GAMECUBE-DS-PSP-WII-360
IcKy99
Next-Gen

Post by IcKy99 »

ZeroAX wrote:
IcKy99 wrote:3. ive accidentally kept tons of borrowed games, the most recent is the first Bad Company for 360, i still have it and dont even own a 360 anymore.

remind me to never lend you a game :P

same goes for you :lol:

ZeroAX wrote:3) 12 years and counting (Micro Machine military on the mega drive)
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

1. Geez, I've done this so many times. Who knows? I know I have a few games I rented and they eventually just became mine to own. This was back when I wasn't so anal about having games in complete condition or even cared how scratched up a disc was as long as it played

2. This one's tough, games that I've been known to play over and over again for months would be the Dynasty Warriors series, Nippon Ichi games, Final Fantasy games(I put billions of hours into Final Fantasy Tactics it feels like)and Mega Man X titles which I use to obsessively play over and over until I could go through the games in any order and beat most, if not all of the bosses with whatever weapon I started the game with(Buster for X, regular Z saber for Zero). Back during the 16-bit era, I played through games like Streets of Rage 2, Ninja Warriors, Sonic & Knuckles, Turtles in Time more times than I could possibly remember. And then there's the combined number of hours I put into Capcom's various Street Fighter games, which were all variations on the same formula

3. Damn, I can't remember, but I know at least once I borrowed a game and forgot to ever give it back, but it was from someone who wasn't a big enough gamer to even notice. It was an NES game I think
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

1. Donkey Kong 64, rented it for 2 months as a kid, but never finished it.
2. Harvest Moon DS; 3 months. I don't care what people say; I think this is the best game in the series.
3. Banjo-Kazooie. I borrowed this from a friend, but then I moved away shortly after, and I realized that I still had it.
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

1. I never really rented much, there was never much to rent near where I live.
2. Super Smash Bros Melee tided me over as my lone game for my Gamecube from the middle of august til the start of October when Super Mario Sunshine came out. I had no problem with that at all XD.
3. I've acquired a few games I've borrowed from friend that have never been given back. In most situations the friend has just let me keep the game as they dont play the console it's for anymore. The longest one is probably Streets of Rage 3 which I borrowed when I was 10. 11 years later and I haven't seen the person I lent it from in 9 years. He still has my original copy of Mega Bomberman though, so it's all good.
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Post by hashiriya1 »

1. Haven't rented a game since the 16 bit era, so I don't know. I rented SNES games to copy them with my SFC disk drive. Arrr, i was a pirate.

2. Gran Turismo 4 - About 2 Months trying to buy every car and beat old track times.

3. I borrowed Soul Calibur for DC back in 2000 from a friend, I still have it. I asked him if he wants it back and he says "When I need it, I'll ask for it", and that was just last month. So I guess...10 years and counting.
Inazuma
Next-Gen

Post by Inazuma »

D.D.D. wrote:1. Rented a game without beating it (and your rental late fees)
2. Played the same game (being addicted to the same title without playing anything else)
3. Borrowed a game from a friend

1. 5 days. I used to rent Super Nintendo games back in the day but I was never that big into rentals.

2. Phantasy Star Universe (Japanese PC version). This game was my life for a sold few years. I played about 8k hours total. If I wasn't working or sleeping, I was on PSU. No joke.

3. I borrowed a game here or there from friends back in the 16 bit days, for no more than a week or so. I have respect for other people's property so I always took good care of their games and returned them fairly quickly, like after a week or so. If I liked the game enough, I would just go buy my own copy.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

1. I haven't rented a game since the 16 bit days. I went from SNES to PC gaming only and didn't get back into consoles until the PS2.

2. July last year I played Fallout 3 exclusively the entire month. Pretty much the same with Infamous in December. When doing my 6 month stints in CoH and WoW I pretty much just played those. I might have had a diversion or two though, it's been years.

3. I guess technically the copy of I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream that I borrowed and was told to keep 11 years ago. Though more realistically it probably would be 8 and 16 bit games for a month or so back in the day. As others have said, I hate it when people don't take care of their own stuff, much less my stuff. I've been burned too many times by lending stuff out and getting it back all messed up. I just stopped lending stuff. :|
Last edited by Hobie-wan on Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Para
128-bit

Post by Para »

I rented an N64 game from Rogers Video back in the day and had about two months of late charges. I didn't want to pay them so I stopped going there and I have since moved and changed my number so they never got a hold of me. They closed down a few months ago so looks like I got away without paying my eight year old late charge.