Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Droid party
Next-Gen

Re: K-Mart Selling Megadrive Hardware

Post by Droid party »

noiseredux wrote:
hashiriya1 wrote:I heard in Australia the toilet flushes in the opposite direction! egad!

I see you've played Knifey Spoony before.

Oi! Mr Prime ministaa!!
JT wrote:Yeah, like vampire aliens invade and hit us all with a ray beam that paralyzes all of our arms. The only way to deactivate the ray beam and fight back the vampire alien threat is with a complicated series of foot patterns on the device's control board that looks remarkably like a DDR pad. We will all praise this man for saving our lives and buy him a mountain of stuffed animals.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

FiftyDollarCurse wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:
emwearz wrote:Thought it was interesting that K-Mart (In Australia) are selling the Blaze Sega Mega Drive, which has 15 built in games and is region free, taking both MD and Gen carts. It's $50 which I think is a bit steep, however its still cool that they are selling retro hardware, also should show how big retro gaming is becoming.

Pretty cool. Great to see PS2 games in ads again too, emphasizing Retro popularity there.

The PS2 is not retro. GameStop and Wal-Mart still advertise it every week.

As I understand it games take so long to release in Australia that they're one generation behind.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Droid party
Next-Gen

Post by Droid party »

MrPopo wrote: As I understand it games take so long to release in Australia that they're one generation behind.

We only just got the ps2 last year, I always thought it was a typo when you guys were talking about the ps3. What is this mystical future world you Americans live in? And are there flying cars there?
JT wrote:Yeah, like vampire aliens invade and hit us all with a ray beam that paralyzes all of our arms. The only way to deactivate the ray beam and fight back the vampire alien threat is with a complicated series of foot patterns on the device's control board that looks remarkably like a DDR pad. We will all praise this man for saving our lives and buy him a mountain of stuffed animals.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Kresge is long dead in my area.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

American boomerangs run on gasoline and dolphin tears (which are directly related)
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Post by hashiriya1 »

Austrian boomerangs say "I'll be back!"

BlackDS
Next-Gen

Post by BlackDS »

to try to get back on topic, does anyone know if that little system is worth it?
Ack wrote:You WILL be respectful of each other, or I WILL shove my mod foot so far up your Internet ass that your avatar will wince. Do you understand, children?

My Sale thread, lots of nintendo, neo-geo, and sega stuff!
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=24526&p=305373#p305373
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

BlackDS wrote:to try to get back on topic, does anyone know if that little system is worth it?

For that price, I'd say probably not. It's a clone console, so expect sound and video quality that's inferior to the real thing, along with possibly a lot of compatibility issues with various games.
FiftyDollarCurse
128-bit

Post by FiftyDollarCurse »

Droid party wrote:
MrPopo wrote: As I understand it games take so long to release in Australia that they're one generation behind.

We only just got the ps2 last year, I always thought it was a typo when you guys were talking about the ps3. What is this mystical future world you Americans live in? And are there flying cars there?

But... there are PS3 games IN THIS VERY AD.