Ultimate NES replacement?

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
christoph
Next-Gen

Re: Ultimate NES replacement?

Post by christoph »

Route20...I'm not sure what you aren't understanding. I provided the details and timeline above.

1. In March a teaser goes up. Limited information is provided because it is a teaser. No pre-orders or sales take place.

2. On 5/5, this last Monday, all Analogue Nt details are released and pre-orders are opened.

In other words, not a single pre-order or transaction took place until after all the details were released.
route20
8-bit

Post by route20 »

christoph wrote:Route20...I'm not sure what you aren't understanding. I provided the details and timeline above.

1. In March a teaser goes up. Limited information is provided because it is a teaser. No pre-orders or sales take place.

2. On 5/5, this last Monday, all Analogue Nt details are released and pre-orders are opened.

In other words, not a single pre-order or transaction took place until after all the details were released.

Please point me to where you said this machine contained the NESRGB on the 5th.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

route20 wrote:
Hobie-wan wrote:So for the people crying for all the unloved yellow Famicoms (which I saw plenty in junk bins in Japan too when I was there) being used, where are the people crying for all the perfectly good unyellowed PS1 screens murdered to make portables? Have you adopted a piss yellow and lavender harlequin SNES today? Are console painters the modern equivalent of gas chamber* workers? Does using an ugly paddle toggle switch hanging off your system like a tumor for a region mod make you the antichrist? How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

Film at 11.

:roll:

*really, the Famicaust thing is fucking stupid and disrespectful

Great job trivializing something others care about, A+.

Hey I can but try.

There are less PS1 screen than Famicoms out there. Brand new ones are being used for portables, not 'ugly' ones. Who is defending them? Are you?

Obviously I have no idea how many systems AI plans to make, but I doubt it will make much of a dent in the 19+ million that were sold in Japan either, even if we guess that half of them have been destroyed along the way.
christoph
Next-Gen

Post by christoph »

Route...I'm not sure what you are getting at. That information about the NESRGB was being withheld for some reason? I wanted people to think that RGB was being produced in a different way? I mean, this is beyond insane. I'm proud to use the NESRGB, it's absolutely amazing.

"NESRGB" is not listed in the copy for the same reason a hundred other technical terms are not listed. Because it's technical jargon to 99% of people. It's a marketing choice, not withholding information. Whether or not you agree with that being the best idea is a different issue.

As I've said, if you want to have a conversation about the technical aspects of the Nt...I'd love to. That's something we've poured our hearts into.
route20
8-bit

Post by route20 »

Hobie-wan wrote:
route20 wrote:
Hobie-wan wrote:So for the people crying for all the unloved yellow Famicoms (which I saw plenty in junk bins in Japan too when I was there) being used, where are the people crying for all the perfectly good unyellowed PS1 screens murdered to make portables? Have you adopted a piss yellow and lavender harlequin SNES today? Are console painters the modern equivalent of gas chamber* workers? Does using an ugly paddle toggle switch hanging off your system like a tumor for a region mod make you the antichrist? How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

Film at 11.

:roll:

*really, the Famicaust thing is fucking stupid and disrespectful

Great job trivializing something others care about, A+.

Hey I can but try.

There are less PS1 screen than Famicoms out there. Brand new ones are being used for portables, not 'ugly' ones. Who is defending them? Are you?

Obviously I have no idea how many systems AI plans to make, but I doubt it will make much of a dent in the 19+ million that were sold in Japan either, even if we guess that half of them have been destroyed along the way.

I think saccing in any form sucks. I think this particular form really sucks because it's being used to make something that -->in my opinion<-- is absurd, garish, tasteless,pick your adjective. I understand that not everybody feels that way. I'm not sure why the fact that some people care about things gets other people so worked up. I think the stuff comparing it to the holocaust is beyond fucked up so don't put that on me.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

route20 wrote:
I think saccing in any form sucks. I think this particular form really sucks because it's being used to make something that -->in my opinion<-- is absurd, garish, tasteless,pick your adjective. I understand that not everybody feels that way. I'm not sure why the fact that some people care about things gets other people so worked up. I think the stuff comparing it to the holocaust is beyond fucked up so don't put that on me.

I would argue you are worked up more than anyone else that has been participating. Most were merely responding to discussion points.
route20
8-bit

Post by route20 »

christoph wrote:Route...I'm not sure what you are getting at. That information about the NESRGB was being withheld for some reason?

If it wasn't then why did you not answer this question that was being asked repeatedly until the 9th? Why did you not answer the saccing question until the day preorders opened, and then in a tiny FAQ section that some people who potentially cared would not have seen?
route20
8-bit

Post by route20 »

Jmustang1968 wrote:I would argue you are worked up more than anyone else that has been participating.

Hey, I never denied I'm passionate about my hobby. I'm totally worked up about this, I think it sucks! I just don't get what's so bad about caring.

EDIT: Sorry for double post, quote!=edit
christoph
Next-Gen

Post by christoph »

Route, you're asking the same questions over and over again. I've already answered several times. It's coming off as very unreasonable, especially since you are coming here from posting lies on tumblr about being a scammer.

The FAQ section is listed and linked at the top of the pre-order / store page. It is in the first section you see.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

christoph wrote:Route, you're asking the same questions over and over again. I've already answered several times. It's coming off as very unreasonable, especially since you are coming here from posting lies on tumblr about being a scammer.

The FAQ section is listed and linked at the top of the pre-order / store page. It is in the first section you see.

Christoph I apologize for how they are treating you on Neo-geo.com, Its one thing to be critical of your choices with your new product, but now they are just taking attacking you personally and trashing your CMVS for no good reason. Thats not cool, and I hope we here at Racketboy can be better than that and keep it civil.