Half Life 2 Review

Show your reviewing skills by collaborating with other forums members to review games of all ages.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Half Life 2 Review

Post by noiseredux »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:When stumbling upon a cabin or gate you get a feeling of curiosity and accomplishment. You will see this much later throughout the game as well that makes each discovery raise your heart-rate in anticipation of what is going to come out of it.

this I'm now starting to feel with those fast zombies around. Those things really rattle me as they come out of nowhere. Not as easy to manage as the slower zombies I was getting used to.

dsheinem wrote:There are achievements in the original Half Life 2? Must have been baked in well after my playthroughs. Maybe I should give it another play...

Yes there are achievements. In fact there's apparently 45 of them just for finding each of the lambda's spray-painted around. I think I've got 8 of those now.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

I know there's a garden gnome you can take at the beginning of the game and you get an achivement or something for taking it all through the game until the very end.

That sounds like fun!
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

General_Norris wrote:I know there's a garden gnome you can take at the beginning of the game and you get an achivement or something for taking it all through the game until the very end.

That sounds like fun!

that sounds hilarious, awesome and quite challenging!

@dsheinem: http://raptr.com/game/The-Orange-Box/ac ... atform=360
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

noiseredux wrote:
dsheinem wrote:There are achievements in the original Half Life 2? Must have been baked in well after my playthroughs. Maybe I should give it another play...

Yes there are achievements. In fact there's apparently 45 of them just for finding each of the lambda's spray-painted around. I think I've got 8 of those now.

What is crazy is that...you missed a LOT of the lambdas. I'm on my second playthrough and am amazed at how much I missed as well. Tons of stuff!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Post by Cronozilla »

They also added in HDR and Cards. But those are more recent than Achievements.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

noiseredux wrote:
General_Norris wrote:I know there's a garden gnome you can take at the beginning of the game and you get an achivement or something for taking it all through the game until the very end.

That sounds like fun!

that sounds hilarious, awesome and quite challenging!

@dsheinem: http://raptr.com/game/The-Orange-Box/ac ... atform=360

Weird I see gamerforlife and Phades on there but not you. Does it only compare two other people at a time? I think Raptr needs some work in some areas to be more useful.

EDIT: nm, I figured out you can change who you compare against.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

@Noise

You can use the gravity gun to pick up many medium sized objects and hurl them at enemies to great affect. Just a heads up there will be a buggy driving section later too as well as some very claustrophobic bits. I think the 'driving' sections seem longer than they are the first time because you keep getting out to explore and look for ammo. On later replays where I knew when getting out to search was worth it or not, they went quicker, though I liked the shift in action myself.