Top 10 GBA / Gameboy Advance Games

Post game-related video clips here
Metal Jesus
128-bit

Top 10 GBA / Gameboy Advance Games

Post by Metal Jesus »

http://youtu.be/_c4E8zKYVGQ <---YouTube

Nintendo's Gameboy Advance (GBA) was a world-wide success with 100's of great games for it. I choose 10 for my Top games for the handheld and show you some of the console versions I own.

Do you own a unique version of the GBA handheld? What are your favorite games?
Flake

Re: Top 10 GBA / Gameboy Advance Games

Post by Flake »

Did not see Sigma Star Saga making the list. I wanted to like that game so much but the gameplay just wasn't that good.

Surprised to not see Circle of the Moon or Megaman Zero 2 make the cut. Were they at least close?
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Great video and good info. I also love the mini games in Warioware Inc. You might enjoy Rhythm Tengoku which also has crazy mini games, an import and also the last official game produced for the GBA. So many great games for the GB, GBC and GBA and since region free many more to discover.
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

skyknight
128-bit

Post by skyknight »

Given the massive library of the GBA, did you try to limit yourself to only 10 games, or thought about 20~50?

Yeah, I do have several games on your list, and I do agree with you.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

The GBA is really great. I do think you could get a dozen people together and come up with a dozen different top-ten lists. It's got something for everyone. I'm not sure where I'd even begin compiling a top ten.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

In all honesty, I can't believe I waited so long to start collecting for the GBA. So many, many great titles for it. I've got my trusty AGS-101 and the GB Player for the Gamecube. I recently put together a huge want-to-buy list up and some of your games made it. Many GBA titles are easy to find and affordable.

Sigma Star Saga is an RPG with *shmup* elements? You better believe that will go on my list. Exclusives like this are what made the GBA so special.

The first WarioWare is great, but Twisted! is even better.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

ExedExes wrote:Sigma Star Saga is an RPG with *shmup* elements? You better believe that will go on my list. Exclusives like this are what made the GBA so special.

The shmup elements are pretty basic. You get a random level and are thrust into a random ship. So you might get a tiny ship that dodges well with a pea shooter, a big heavy slow ship that will run into everything if you get a claustrophobic level, or you might get that one medium ship with the crazy machine gun. It was a fun game that I finished, but I had that "I won't play this again" feeling and sold it when done. I am happy I played it though. :)
Sano
Next-Gen

Post by Sano »

Another great video from our friend MetalJesus ^_^
Metal Jesus
128-bit

Post by Metal Jesus »

skyknight wrote:Given the massive library of the GBA, did you try to limit yourself to only 10 games, or thought about 20~50?

I actually thought about limiting myself to a Top 5 because the attention span of YouTube viewers getting to the end of a video can be very challenging... But Top 10 seemed the minimum to do the system justice.

I have 73 GBA games and could have easily expanded the list to my favorite Top 20 however.
Konacha
32-bit

Post by Konacha »

Wow, finally some love for The Minish Cap and Warioware. I remember YEARS ago on G4TV (when they were still G4 and not SpikeTV Rip Off) that the reviewers HATED Warioware which made me kinda stay away from the series until the Wii version came out years later.

The GBA is one of the few that makes me laugh a bit because it is the only system I brought 4 times in a row. My parents brought me my first one (which was the normal GBA), so then I traded that in for a Silver GBA SP. I then brought a NES GBA SP (which I still have). My friends ex-wife "stole" my Silver GBA (long story) so then I brought a replacement Silver GBA SP from the money my friend gave me, which broke so all I have left is the NES GBA.